Priceline Hotel: 3* Long Beach (San Pedro) Crowne Plaza Harbor Hotel

laydee559
By laydee559,
in

Hey all,

Im new to this forum. I've been reading all the information that everyone has posted. Im looking to book a room at the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. I want to stay there before we go on a cruise on Sept 24. THere are going to be 2 adults and we just want one room. Many of the sites have listed a room price of $114. I dont want to pay that much for one nite. I have already tried bidding and re zoning all the areas how everyone has suggested. I started my bid at $50 and went up as high as $64. I have been rejected all times. I also violated the 72hour wait rule. Is that bad? Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get a room.

We will be checking in Sunday Sept 23 and checking out Monday Sept 24

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, im willing to accept anything within the zone but, reading on the forum it seems like everyone has been able to book with Crowne Plaza. Its the only 3* hotel in the San Pedro area. The next zone is the Long beach area with the Queen Mary. This zone is not including the Long beach airport area. The Crowne plaza is the cost the least out of all the 3* hotels in the area. If I used all Long Beach/Torrence zones what is the likely hood that I will get the Crowne Plaza.

Laydee559

I also violated the 72hour wait rule. Is that bad?

The "72 hour wait rule" ended more than a year ago. You can rebid every 24 hours now.

The Crowne Plaza is $114 on their own website. HOTWIRE has a 3* in San Pedro for $79, which might be the Crowne Plaza. (The hotel hasn't been identified yet.)

Your bid of $64 seems reasonable considering the Crowne's $114 rate. You might just be bidding too early. My suggestion would be to book a cancellable backup and keep bidding to $65 (not $64) for a 3* every few days now. With your trip more than a month off you don't need to bid for less desired zones yet.

Also the Doubletree has been reported as a 3* win in the San Pedro zone and it's $134 on 9/23. It could come up too.

I wouldn't add the other zones at this point if the Crowne Plaza is what you really want, as rates are not high at all for this date. As Colfax suggested, i would also recommend raising your bid to $65 (and if that is rejected even $1 or $2 more) as many of the Crowne Plaza wins have come at $65. Rates directly thru the Crowne Plaza website are currently lower than at times when we've seen this hotel accepted at $65, but some hotels have a 'minimum threshold' at which they load rates, and perhaps $65 is 'the number' for this property.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've booked multiple rooms for $69 at the CP San Pedro, but have been rejected up to and including $68 with no counter offer. It seems that you have to hit the exact number!

Try $69 and see how you go... and maybe even rebid up to $79. It seems that the CP offers identical rates on Hotwire as on PL for many dates, so if there is an 'unidentified hotel' on Hotwire for $79 that might match, then you may have some luck getting it on PL for same price?

As has already been stated, you can't bid for a specific hotel, but I bid for 5 seperate rooms, on 3 seperate days, and got the $69 rate for the Crowne Plaza every time.

Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]