Milpitas, California 95035

408-321-9500

Check-In Date: Monday, August 20, 2007

Check-Out Date: Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Your Offer Price: $44.00

Subtotal: $88.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $18.01

Total Charges*: $106.01

After failing to be accepted at $35 for 2* and $45 for 2.5* in many zones for 8/20 - 8/24. I shortened the bidding period to 2 days and upped my bidding $1 for each re-bid. Finally got accepted at $44. Not bad deal for a 3* hotel on weekdays.

No breakfast, no dinner, no problem. There are about 40 eateries within walking distance in an upscale Asian shooping center. But I may stay abstinent with Internet if there is a charge.

Holiday Inn Web-site lists $159 for these days. Hotwire offers $59 for a 3.5* place and $79 for a 3* place with comparable amenities.

"I am not hungary." and "I need to go to work." were my excuse for not go to 12th floor for free breakfast.

Last night, I held up the elevator for a lady and then politely asked her "what floor ?" She said "I'm on the 12th floor, I'll use my card to get there." That's when I noticed "12 Club Floor" on the wall.

There was nice dark roast coffe and apples in the lobby, I took some in case I become hungary at work.

There are about 40 eateries within walking distance in an upscale Asian shooping center.

One of the great food deals in that Asian mall next to the Crowne Plaza--I think it's called Milpitas Square-- is the serve yourself buffet inside the 99 Market (an Asian supermarket). For $5.99 you can fill a square styrofoam container with as much food as you can fit. The only condition is that you have to be able to close the lid on the container. There are about 25 different choices and one container holds enough food to feed me for two days. Several vegetarian and tofu choices, jumbo shrimp, usually three different kinds of (fried) whole fish, barbecued spareribs, noodles, eggs....There are tables for eating there or you can take it to go.

Colfax, you've just let the cats out of the bag. That styrofoam clam shell usually feeds me for 2 nites when I stay at ESA, if I do not get the big bowl of noodle for $5 at New Tung Kee at Milpitas Town Center.

Here is another secret. At Shen-Kee Bakery, you can buy any 2 Taiwanese style stuffed rolls for $1.25 after 830 pm. There are about 20 varieties to choose from. Regularly at $0.95 to $1.50 apiece. Yummy! That's what I mean by "No Breakfast, No Problem."

At Shen-Kee Bakery, you can buy any 2 Taiwanese style stuffed rolls for $1.25 after 830 pm. There are about 20 varieties to choose from. Regularly at $0.95 to $1.50 apiece. Yummy! That's what I mean by "No Breakfast, No Problem."

It's time for my next trip to Milpitas!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]