Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Basking Ridge, NJ, 8/16-8/17

kstrom
By kstrom,
in

I bid bidforhotel's standard $37 for a 2.5* in Basking Ridge, NJ for 8/16-8/17, expecting to get the Basking Ridge Courtyard. The bid was rejected. I used the one free rebid (Carteret) and upped to $44 and was again refused.

We're having some work done to our house, and it would be great to leave the dust behind. We'd really like to stick to the Basking Ridge Courtyard because it is very close to our house.

Biddingforhotel, do you have any thoughts on what the going rate is for weekdays and weekends at the Basking Ridge Courtyard?

-- Kstrom

these $37 bids have been won on weekends when occupancy is low, but your stay is for a Thursday night. You might be successful at $37 in the Somerset zone at the former Marriott Somerset. Have you considered the Morristown zone? At the 3* level, the Hyatt for has been won for as little as $55 weekdays.

good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions. I should have looked up the days of the week that $37 has worked at the Basking Ridge Courtyard! Indeed, a couple of hours after unsuccessfully biddinng for the hotel, I happened to drive by the hotel and the parking lot had quite a few cars in it.

Best,

Kstrom

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]