Priceline Hotel: Assistance Needed:Langhorne 2.5* or 3* 8/20/07-8/22/07

comsense2035
By comsense2035,
in

This is my first time to your site and have never used priceline or hotwire. I am very flexible as I am on vacation the week of 8/19/07 but would prefer 8/20/07-8/22/07 (2 night stay). I am planning to take the family to Sesame Place. I am looking to spend between $50 and $100 per night for a hotel. I would like to stay in the Langhorne area but would take something different if price were better. Most important is room comfort and quality. If I have not meet the requires of this site let me know. Thanks for your assistance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First thing to point out, since you mention your traveling with your family, is that priceline only guarantees double occupancy... after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. While Sesame Place may bring more families to this area and hotels may be equipped with a larger percentage of rooms with two beds, it is possible that you could get a room with only one bid. Some choose to take this risk, others prefer not to... so it's something you'll have to decide if you're comfortable with.

If you're "ok" with the above, HOTWIRE may be an option. While HOTWIRE ususally costs a little more than priceline, it does allow you to search for up to quad occupancy, ensuring that there is enough sleeping accomodations for each person in your party (you don't say how large your family is). Another advantage of HOTWIRE is that you can often take an educated guess as to the property you will receive, so you can have a guess as to the 'room comfort and quality'... so it depends upon if price is the most important aspect of having a guess at the property beforehand.

Let us know your thoughts, or any questions, and we'll take the next step accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have no problem with one king size bed, I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old and half the time they both sleep in the bed with me and my wife! lol. I am very concerned with price but do not want to sacrifice quality. When I say quality I mean clean, semi-pacious and no mold, I am not very particular. Additionally, I am looking for a swimming pool. Hope to hear from you soon.

Yes, a queen size bed would work as well. I guess a pool is not a must but would be nice.

Additionally, I went to hotwire and typed Langhorne, PA and it gave it me:

Bensalem - NE Philadelphia 3* $87/night (pool)

Bensalem - NE Philadelphia 2* $66/night (no pool)

Can we get better prices than this at a 3*? With or without the pool, in a king, queen or double?

Assuming yo're fine with a hotel anywhere within priceline's (Langhorne-Trenton-Levittown) zone (note it's quite large) you can try the following:

At the 3* level you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* (Langhorne - Trenton - Levittown)...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* (Langhorne - Trenton - Levittown) and re-bid zone2...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65.

If the above is rejected dn't get discouraged... just post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have me questioning myself on this one now when you say "Assuming yo're fine with a hotel anywhere within priceline's (Langhorne-Trenton-Levittown) zone (note it's quite large)". I dont want to have to drive a half hour each way to get to the park, I want something close (10-15 min away or closer).

I think I understand the concept of the rebid, I am not fully understanding the zones. The first zone would be Langhorne-Trenton-Levittown, on the rebid1 what would that zone be and the same for rebid2?

Lastly, I stated earlier that hotwire gave me a price of $87/night at a hotel that seems to offer all I want. Is there a way to give an educated guess as to which hotel it will be? And if they offer that $87/night essentially I could get it cheaper if I bid on their site right?

You have me questioning myself on this one now when you say "Assuming yo're fine with a hotel anywhere within priceline's (Langhorne-Trenton-Levittown) zone (note it's quite large)". I dont want to have to drive a half hour each way to get to the park, I want something close (10-15 min away or closer).
We want you to be happy with your purchase, so we always try to point out any potential problems that users may not realize or be aware of. I'm not sure of the exact location of Sesame Place (i have another 1-2 years before i'll be heading there myself :) ) but i'm somewhat familiar with this area and know, from looking at the map of the shaded region, that it is fairly large. If you have an idea where Sesame Place is when looking at priceline's map of the zones, then take a look at the furthest point in the Langhorne zone from Sesame Place... that is your "worst case scenario".
Lastly, I stated earlier that hotwire gave me a price of $87/night at a hotel that seems to offer all I want. Is there a way to give an educated guess as to which hotel it will be?
If you'd like help IDing this property please go back to HOTWIRE and let us know the full list of amenities that HOTWIRE associates with the property you're being offered.
And if they offer that $87/night essentially I could get it cheaper if I bid on their site right?
There is no bidding on HOTWIRE. See I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire for more about how each works.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]