Priceline Hotel: Bucharest, has anyone attempted a bid yet?

whitey
By whitey,
in

I'm going to need a room for one night in Bucharest Aug 17th and noticed that it is now covered by PL. There is no zone map however so I'm a little bit hesitant to be the first guinea pig to attempt it.

Does anyone have any ideas on what hotels are possible to get through PL?

If you decide to go for it, I would suggest to select the highest possible star level (4* in this case). This might give you a better chance to receive a hotel that is not too far off. Priceline's non-oblique hotel offers might also give you a clue what to expect. I wouldn't expect the price level to be very high in Bucharest. Good luck!

It also depends what you think of as a good location.

I used the Intercontinental PointBreaks program to get the Intercontinental Bucharest for 5000 Priority Club points a night, but I don't think that deal is available anymore. This is supposed to be a good location - I'll find out soon.

Look up prepaid rates for Sofitel, Novotel, and Crowne Plaza at the least before you start bidding. It's possible you'll find something for 80 Euros per night or less.

4* hotels are not segregated to any one area, and Bucharest is quite sprawling, so bidding 4* will only help a little.

• 4 weeks later...

What did you end up doing for your Bucharest stay?

Now that I'm back, I can say that the Intercontinental was a great hotel, in a very good location, with very good air conditioning, which was most welcome.

Other 4* or 5* hotels in equally good locations are the Hilton and the Novotel. I visited these briefly when I was walking around the city when it was 102F (39C), because I happened to notice them and knew they'd have air conditioning.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]