Priceline Hotel: 2* Monterey (Monterey-Pacific Grove) Travelodge Monterey Bay

patrick808
By patrick808,
in

What is your maximum bid at each star level?

Do you have a back-up plan/reservation anyplace?

I don't really have a back up plan. I might just stay in a nearby town.

I don't have a max bid in mind, just trying to get the best deal.

The Casa Munras website has no availability on my night. What is happening in town ???

thanks for the help,.

The Downtown Monterey Travelodge is $102.75 on 8/7 plus tax, which brings it to $113.75. I like to use the pretax price because you place your Priceline bids in pretax dollars and that way you're comparing apples to apples.

I suggest trying $70 for a 2* in Monterey. That's high for a 2* but there are no free rebid zones and your trip is just a couple days away. $70 beats any conventional price I see and it beats Hotwire's $89 for a 1*.

I just saw your other post....that you were rejected for a 2.5* in Salinas.

What about trying for a 2* in the Carmel Valley zone on Priceline? That's much closer to Monterey than Salinas.

I'd try for the 2* in Monterey first, at $70.

If rejected in Monterey then start a new bid of $65 for 2.5* in Carmel Valley (if Carmel Valley is okay with you). Then add Monterey at $75.

OK. I got 2* Travelodge (NOT downtown) for $70. First bid, (today) 2* in Pacific Grove.

SAVINGS BARN, including all my above bids. Does the board get something per click, or winning bid ??

(Now, should this be a new post? I admit I don't really read the rules, as I think I'm net savvy enough not to be banned.)

Glad to hear you got something, patrick808. thereuare will update the subject line with your win details when he sees this.

There are two Travelodges in Monterey. On TL's website they're called "Monterey Downtown TL" and "Monterey Bay TL". I presume you won the Monerey Bay TL on North Fremont since you said you're not Downtown.

That TL's regular price is $99 on 8/7, so you did get some savings. If your trip was further in the future I would have suggested a lower starting bid than $70.

I'm not sure if this is a new hotel for the Hotel List or not. There's a "Travelodge Monterey Carmel" in the Hotel List. I found the win report for that hotel from January 2006 (the only time it's come up here) and the poster didn't specify which TL he won.

Have fun in Monerey and thanks for sharing your bid history here.

Glad to hear you have settled this stay and will have a roof over your head :)

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

I'm asusming this is the "Monterey Bay" location since patrick808 posted "NOT Downtown" and that is the offial name of the other Travelodge in this area... but hopefully the OP can confirm for us.

Thanks again... enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]