2700 Mission College Blvd

Santa Clara, California 95052

Your Offer Price: $44.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $88.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $17.96

Total Charges: $105.96

I believe this is the highest I've ever had to bid in the San Jose area. My attempts at 2*, which I usually win for $34, were rejected up to $39...! Despite published rate being totally normal for this weekend.

$42 for 2.5* was rejected in San Jose, Milpitas, Sunnyvale, Cupertino.

Not only expensive, but also ended up with a hotel that charges $9/day for parking and $10/day for Internet access. Not a good deal at all.

Hey there

Just as an FYI

I bid for 2*(Milpitas/SanJose) 8/3-8/6 last week and got Extended Stay Milpitas (my laptop has been freaking out so couldn't post until now).

I checked in around 4pm and got a smoking room on the 3rd floor because they are oversold. Looks like they're going to turn away some people tonight... :)

Zbenye, I share your pain. I'll be there next weekend. 8/11 - 8/13.

Beach07, my experience shows at least 30% chance that us from Priceline will end up at a smoking room or handicap room at any Extended StayAmerica. I've been accustomed to hear "We are sold out." "I can give you a king non-smoking, but you have to pay $40 extra per day." or worse "Priceline customer gets whatever available."

Well, I've arrived, the gal at the desk was very nice and put me in an executive room on the top floor (room isn't nicer than any, though). They write the room number and the rate on the card-key envelope. Mine shows $39.

Found free parking on the street right behind the hotel, and free (and fast!) Internet access at the lobby of the Holiday Inn across the street, where I'm typing this. I might actually park at the HI, it's not gated and I don't see any parking permits in the cars.

The ESA Milpitas is still bookable on their website for this weekend for $65... wonder why that is, if they're sold out as they had told you.

Good to see you still here, Beach07, you've been silent.

Yep, I was able to "live" at ESA Milpitas for 2 months straight $31-$34 daily :)

I've been at ESA Fremont ($30 night)...ugh. Definitely a 1* hotel.

NOW, I know what you were talking about! Milpitas ESA is SO much nicer!

Oh, the gal at the front desk said they were overbooked for tonight. I don't know about the weekend.

Glad you were able to get free parking+internet...sweet!

Well, I've arrived, the gal at the desk was very nice and put me in an executive room on the top floor (room isn't nicer than any, though). Found free parking on the street right behind the hotel, and free Internet at the lobby of the Holiday Inn across the street, where I'm typing this.

The ESA Milpitas is still bookable on their website for this weekend for $65... wonder why that is, if they're sold out as they had told you.

Good to see you still here, Beach07, you've been silent.

I understand about Priceline folks not getting to pick their rooms. Having to an extra $40 a day if the hotel is sold out?? Wow!

Good to know!

Zbenye, I share your pain. I'll be there next weekend. 8/11 - 8/13.

Beach07, my experience shows at least 30% chance that us from Priceline will end up at a smoking room or handicap room at any Extended StayAmerica. I've been accustomed to hear "We are sold out." "I can give you a king non-smoking, but you have to pay $40 extra per day." or worse "Priceline customer gets whatever available."

Having to an extra $40 a day if the hotel is sold out?? Wow!

I don't think that's what the above is saying... i thought the above was that they only have non-smoking rooms left which are Kings, and the King room is an upgrade at this property... that upgrade is $40. If you wanted a King room (smoking or non-smoking) the cost for that upgrade is $40.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]