Priceline Hotel: Need help with Palo Alto August 7 to August 10

westie
By westie,
in

So So Sorry, but I can?t find my bidding notes, and I have been looking in this forum, but can?t locate the rebid zones I used for bidding the Santa Clara 4 star. I know one is Milpitas, would you be so kind as to give it to me again. The MAC doesn?t show the stars.

Hyatt SF has no free internet, but my son found me one today. We are on our way to Santa Clara Hyatt today.

Hyatt SF was great, I got it using this forum and Savingsbarn.

Wiil the passing of Bill Walsh, bless his soul, affect the hotel occupancy, since I just heard on TV the funeral is @ Stanford on the 9th ? That is where my son will be at Stanford.

Thanks, and sorry about requesting for zones again.

At the 4* level you have three free rebid zones--Milpitas, South San Jose, and Redwood City.

At the 3* level you have one free rebid---Redwood City.

I don't know if Bill Walsh's funeral will affect hotel occupancy or not.

I hope you're having a good trip.

If you want a bidding strategy please let us know whether you're looking for 4* or 3*, and what your bidding limit is.

Hyatt Santa Clara is very nice. Would like to stay and not move, willing to bid up to $85 or $90.

Silicon valley has no free internet, would think the whole air is free internet, haha.

Took a while but found one coffee shop with free net.

Thanks for giving me the zones again.

The Santa Clara Hyatt and Hilton are both sold out on Tues 8/7.

For your three nights:

Hyatt: sold out, $239, $179

Hilton: sold out, $249, $189

I doubt you'll get a 4* in Santa Clara for all three nights but if you want to try I suggest:

4* Santa Clara at $50

Add free rebids #1 and #2 at $60 and $70.

Close your browser and start a new bid for Santa Clara plus free rebid zone #3 at $80.

Add free rebids #1 and #2 at $85 and $90.

I see a couple really good deals in Milpitas on HOTWIRE---a 4* for $65 and a 3.5* for $64. I'm not sure what the 4* is but the 3.5* looks like the Crowne Plaza. (ID not guaranteed.)

You could probably beat those prices bidding for a 3* in Milpitas on Priceline. But with your $90 limit I'd probably go with the HOTWIRE 3.5* because the Crowne Plaza has a better location, near lots of stores and restaurants, than the Milpitas Beverly and Sheraton (both 3* on Priceline) which are near each other, but a little isolated from "the action".

I just noticed your topic line is about Palo Alto, although you only spoke of trying to win Santa Clara. Did you want to try for Palo Alto zone first? The 4* Westin in Palo Alto is sold out for your dates but your $90 limit could be enough for a 3* in Palo Alto.

I tried for a 4 star in Santa Clara because I was having trouble with Palo Alto. The 3 star Crowne Plaza was sold out. But now that I am having trouble with Santa Clara, I will try for 3 star in Palo Alto. My son is @ Stanford till the 9th. We fly out of SFO on the 10th @ 1pm. I have Comfort Inn, 2 star, at $90, as a backup in Palo Alto.

Thank you for all your help.

You're welcome, westie.

Good luck with your 3* bidding in Palo Alto and Santa Clara. Please let us know how it goes.

If you don't win anything consider a 3* or 4* near the Airport or in the San Mateo zone for your last nights.

I checked HOTWIRE and don't see any good deals (3* or higher under $100) in the Palo Alto area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]