Chicago to New Jersey help on Priceline

jordan23
By jordan23,
in

Chicago to New Jersey Round-trip

Aug 3- Aug 7

I'm just wondering how the name your own fare works? The 40% off thing and all that the first screen tells you to name your price and then it adds taxes on the next page and put all your credit card info, after that page do you automatically have to take the ticket in the price they give you?

Not looking for a hotel, just 1 airline ticket.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Yes, if an airline accepts your bid you then own the ticket (non-refundable, non-changable, etc, etc)

Also, keep in mind, since this is only a 4 day trip, your departure could be late at nite and your return early in the morning.. in effect almost cutting your trip in half.

This is usally not an expensive route (last time i checked)... what are the prices you're seeing?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Also, keep in mind, since this is only a 4 day trip, your departure could be late at nite and your return early in the morning.. in effect almost cutting your trip in half.

This is usally not an expensive route (last time i checked)... what are the prices you're seeing?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The lowest I've seen today is $309 and that's from going on Saturday the 4th to the 7th, so they could send the flight late Sat, and then only have Sunday and Monday there and come back the mourning of Tuesday, do you know if that's what they try and do? I tried the name your price thing and I put $188 with taxes and they gave me $224.

Also do they usually give non-stop or no?

so they could send the flight late Sat, and then only have Sunday and Monday there and come back the mourning of Tuesday, do you know if that's what they try and do?

They don't try to do anything other than get you discounted flight at your bid amount... a late flight out and an early return is certainly possible. All flights will depart between 6am-10pm unless you agree to an overnight (redeye) flight.

Whether you get a non-stop or not depends on availability on the flights for the dates of your travel and what is available to accomodate your bid amount. It comes down to whether the savings is worth what you give up:

-potentially shortening your trip by two days

-no control over arrival/depature time

-not choosing non-stop or a layover

-no choosing the length of the layover

Obviusly this fare is high since it's a last minute trip. Not sure of where you need to be in NJ, but if you're actually heading to Manhattan i would consider alternat airports.

Also, if you haven't seen it, you can use the techniques in this thread: Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding to try your bids again and undercut the suggested price they offered you.

Let us know what you ultimatley decide to do and how it goes if we can be of further help.

So all you can do is make one request? Then this thing comes up for my saying I already did it before, and then there are a bunch of bad options like I would like to 2 stop and stuff like that.. and on My Trips there are like 5 requests do they mean anything? They are not purchased, correct? Because I haven't purchased anything.

So all you can do is make one request?
Not if you follow the techniques in the Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding thread we posted previously.
They are not purchased, correct? Because I haven't purchased anything
Correct, assuming all your bids were rejected (as per the message which comes back after you submitted your bid)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]