Priceline Hotel: 2* San Jose (Palo Alto-Mountain View) Pacific Inn

tivi
By tivi,
in

First, do you want to try and stay at the Beverly Heritage these two nights as well? You've listed Milpitas as an acceptable zone. You could try Priceline's Add a Night feature if you want to stay longer at the Beverly. On your acceptance page there's a link for adding nights. Probably the price will be higher than $50 because Tues and Weds are typically more expensive nights around San Jose.

Or would you rather try a different hotel and area?

i'm such a rookie :o i clicked 2* by mistake and included most of the area and it gave me Pacific Inn in Mountain View for $47/night :) .. can I cancel this bid ? :) and choose to extend my stay at Beverly ? :) .... Please help.

PS: hopefully my wife won't kill me over this hotel :D

I'm sorry this happened to you, tivi. Even the most experienced bidders occasionally make a mistake and end up where they didn't plan to be. Sometimes those mistakes turn out to be enjoyable hotel stays after all.

Priceline reservations are nonchageable and nonrefundable so I doubt they'll let you cancel this reservation. Of course you can call and try, but I doubt you'll succeed.

There are a few hotels in this area with similar names. Just to be sure we're talking about the same place did you win the hotel at 64 West El Camino in Mountain View?

At least you made your mistake on the two night segment of your trip and not on the five night segment. I haven't stayed at the Pacific Inn. If it's not what you were looking for it will make the Beverly Heritage look that much better for your last five nights.

p.s. Did you do any bidding for a 3* before you dropped down to 2*?

The Pacific Inn at 1984 El Camino hasn't been reported on this board before. Other Pacific Inns have come up. thereuare will add to this one to the Hotel List.

This address is in Priceline's Palo Alto-Mountain View zone. You hadn't mentioned bidding the PA-MV zone before but I guess you must have.

After i gave m wife this information for this hotel :) she said she and the kids not going to stay at this hotel :o .. she went online and read the reviews :) .. now she wants to skip this hotel [i lost ~ $120 for two nights] .. what should I do about this hotel ? Please help ... :)

I might have to bid another one for the two nights. I tried the Beverly Heritate for addon nights and it did not work.

Have you called Priceline and asked for a refund?

my wife said she will try to call priceline :)

in the meantime she went on priceline and try to bid for 3* in Milpitas area :) she got Crown Plaza Hotel North San Jose for $45/night for the two nights [8/7 to 8/9] . :o

Hopefully priceline will refund us some money :)

thanks.

I'm sure you'll be happier at the Crowne Plaza than at the first hotel you won.

When your wife calls Priceline be sure she tells them you've already purchased a second hotel on Priceline for the same set of dates. I'm still not confident that you'll get a refund but good luck and please let us know what kind of response you get.

Also could you please click "New Topic" and post your Crown Plaza win as a separate thread? More people will see it that way.

Milpitas is a real bargain zone right now with three different 3* hotels offering Priceline rates in the $40's. Not every night, of course.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]