Priceline Hotel: 3* San Jose (Milpitas) Beverly Heritage Hotel

tivi
By tivi,
in

hi all, i'm newbie to this forum. I'm planing a trip to San Jose - Santa Clara area this August. I already booked airline tickets and car rental. Now I need to look for a 4* hotel from August 7, 2007 to August 14, 2007. Please give me advise how to bid. I need some hotel that has free internet :) thanks.

There's no way to guarantee you'll win a hotel with free Internet and 4* hotels are the ones most likely to charge for it.

There are 4* hotels in both the San Jose and Santa Clara zones. Do you prefer one zone? Or you want the cheapest 4* available in either zone?

What's your bidding limit? And are you willing to split your stay (4 nights at one hotel and 3 nights at another, for example) in order to get a lower total price? Sometimes it requires a higher bid to win all seven nights at one hotel.

I just won a bid for $50/night at Santa Clara Hyatt for Aug 2 - 5. I had originally tried looking for the hotel during the week, and was denied up to $65. Then Colfax suggested I try to bid for it later in the week/weekend, since it's a business hotel and probably had more availability then. Their website prices for $73/night Th/Fr/Sat convinced me he was correct. So I changed my dates, and got it my second bid out. I started at $45 and the second bid was $50.

This was on priceline - don't know if you are referring to Hotwire....

Good luck! :)

tivi,

When bidding for a 4* in the Santa Clara/Sunnyvale zone you have three free rebid zones. Please post the names of those three zones so we know you understand what free rebidding is. If you aren't familiar with free rebidding yet, thereuare will post a link to some good info.

Also

1) What's your bidding limit?

2) Are you willing to split your bid and possibly stay at two different 4* hotels in order to get a lower price?

• 2 weeks later...
tivi,

When bidding for a 4* in the Santa Clara/Sunnyvale zone you have three free rebid zones. Please post the names of those three zones so we know you understand what free rebidding is. If you aren't familiar with free rebidding yet, thereuare will post a link to some good info.

Also

1) What's your bidding limit?

2) Are you willing to split your bid and possibly stay at two different 4* hotels in order to get a lower price?

Hi, i would like to split into two different hotels.

1] check in tue 8/7 and check out sat 8/11 and prefer 4* in santa clara, sunnyvale area, my starting bid about $45 and maximum bid would be around $70-$80.

2]check in sat 8/11 and check out tues 8/13 and prefer 3* and san jose area, i would love to have Best Western Lanai Garden Inn and my bidding would be around $55-$65

Please help me. Thank you.

First, regarding a 4* in Santa Clara for 8/7-8/11...

The Hilton and Hyatt are both sold out for those dates, so I don't think it's likely you'll win anything.

The Hyatt is only sold out on Friday 8/10. The Hilton is sold out 8/7 and 8/8. Different nights but neither hotel can accept you for four nights straight.

It's possible you could win the first two nights at Hyatt and last two nights at Hilton if you're willing to split your bid.

Or would you rather look at some alternatives besides 4*/Santa Clara, trying to stay all 4 nights at one place?

Here are Hyatt rates:

Tues 8/7 $269

Weds 8/8 $269

Thurs 8/9 $179

The Hyatt has many different Priceline rates and on nights when their regular rate is $269 we don't typically see bids accepted at $60. I think this will take $80 at the very least and possibly more than $100. Thurs 8/9 is the only night I think you might win at $45-60.

If you don't want to bid higher than $60 for these dates you'll need to consider bidding for a 2.5* or 3*, or bidding in some other zones.

I haven't stayed at the Marriott. There are many reviews posted at TripAdvisor.

If you decide to bid for a 3* in Santa Clara I suggest you bid $50. Then add your one free rebid zone, Redwood City, and try $60.

Start your bids with the links at SavingsBarn.com

The $40 Marriott win was for Saturay and Sunday nights, which are slower hotel nights in Silicon Valley. Your stay includes a Tuesday and Wednesday, which are usually two of the busiest nights of the week.

But you've got enough time to try some lowball bids. If you're rejected to $60 for a 3* all four nights I suggest bidding from $40 to $60 for just Thursday and Friday nights.

The $40 Marriott win was for Saturay and Sunday nights, which are slower hotel nights in Silicon Valley. Your stay includes a Tuesday and Wednesday, which are usually two of the busiest nights of the week.

But you've got enough time to try some lowball bids. If you're rejected to $60 for a 3* all four nights I suggest bidding from $40 to $60 for just Thursday and Friday nights.

partially DONE :)

Beverly Heritage Hotel

Milpitas

1820 Barber Lane

Milpitas, California 95035

408-943-9080

See Hotel Website

View Map and Directions Check-In Date:

Thu, Aug 9, 2007 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Tue, Aug 14, 2007 / 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $50.00

Subtotal: $250.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $38.73

Total Charges*: $288.73

now I need your help on bidding for check in Tues 8/7 and check out Thur 8/9 . Please help Thanks.

Hopefully Beverly Heritage Hotel is as good as Mariot. :)

Congratulations, tivi. $50 is a very good rate for a 5 nite stay in this area.

thereuare will move this from the Hotwire to the Priceline board when he sees it.

I stayed at the Beverly Milpitas a couple months ago and it was comfortable and quiet. All the rooms and public spaces have been renovated in the last year. It's not a far drive to Santa Clara either.

Please start a new thread for 8/7-8/9, on the Priceline board, if Priceline is what you plan to use.

wonder if this hotel offer free internet in room access ? on their website said it offers free in room internet access but tripadvisor review said it did not offer free intenet in room access, only in the business center.

also wonder if they offer any suite type room for priceliner ? because the mother in law wanted to tag along at the last minute :)

TIVI, you can take comfort with complementary wired internet access at Berverly Heritage, wileless at the lobby.

I've been offered a "suite" only once as an apologestic gesture when the reservation was messed up. It is not bigger than a regular room with the bathroom as the partition between bedroom and living room. BH has executive suites near the elevator, but it is probably out of reach of Priceliners. You do have choices of one king or 2 queens with regular rooms.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]