Priceline Hotel: Looking for Los Angeles Hotel 08/30 - 09/04

Maynardski
By Maynardski,
in

I'm looking for a hotel, in LA, for 5 nights from 08/30 checkout on 09/04 and not sure which area I should be bidding based on the location I want to be. Also, any tips regarding bidding would be appreciated. My preference would be for a 3* hotel near withing 5 miles of the 600 block of Hauser Blvd and I'm hoping to stay under $80.

Thanks

Hauser Blvd isn't one of the streets I know in LA so I looked on MapQuest and see it's near Wilshire and Fairfax. That's not in any Priceline zone. The nearest zones are Beverly Hills-West Hollywood and Hollywood.

I don't think $80 will be enough for a 3* in either zone but it might be enough for a 2.5*.

If you'll drive for a 3* you can probably get a 3* in the LAX zone for $80 or less, and possibly a 4*.

How far do you think Beverly Hills-West Hollywood and Hollywood are from Hauser. I'm visiting a friend and would like to be in the same area. Also, I won't have a car so being close would be easier for the friend I'm visiting. Is this these only zones that are close?

I've decided to start with Culver City area even though it's a little further from the area I'd prefer to be in. Please recommend a strategy for bidding. I'm looking for 3* preferably less than $80 but would go up to $100. Culver City is my first preference but would be okay with Beverly Hills-West Hollywood or Hollywood. I know Culver City is the most likely for the price I'm looking for.

Thanks

Whe bidding 3* in this area you have one re-bid zone available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Culver City...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Beverly Hills...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Hollywood...

Select 3* Culver City and Beverly Hills...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Culver City and Hollywood...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Culver City and Beverly Hills and Hollywood...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 years later...

I am so sorry for not posting sooner. Thank you for all of your help. I ended up staying with the friend I was visiting so never booked a hotel. It was a last miniute change of plans. I do not drive and my friend was concerned about my getting around so offered to stay there since my primary reason for the visit was for us to spend time together.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]