Priceline Hotel: Problem-Bidding for Sedona Resort

bbrown9506
By bbrown9506,
in

looking for 2 Nights from 10/8-10/11! So I tried once looking for 2 nights, now going through each day at $2 increments! Just want 2 nights the 3rd Night Im treating myself to a kick ass spa for the money saved from the rest of the trip! GO Priceline! one of these days Im going to buy PCLN stock, hell its been nothing but up the last year or so!

Close that browser and re-access priceline however you did previously... starting from a clean slate (although making the same exact bid again will be viewed as a duplicate.. but select the original zone and add a re-bid zone as you intended and you should be able to submit your next bid)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Close that browser and re-access priceline however you did previously... starting from a clean slate (although making the same exact bid again will be viewed as a duplicate.. but select the original zone and add a re-bid zone as you intended and you should be able to submit your next bid)

Nope

Didnt work gave me the duplicate offer I close out and restarted the browser and NADA, going to move a day forward and if I win I can always use the add day feature! I know you sill say its not always an optin but ive never won and not seen it asnd Ill risk it this time! So one day forward at $2 increments! If I fail again Ill go another day forad since I want 2 of 3 nights and any 2 will do! Sucks that I got no free rebid zones! not sure what is up with that?

I also now see that the Hilton is only availablt 1 night out of the three I want at least on priceline! So I am out of luck unless I can win that one day and they for some reason give me the extend a stay option! Seems I need to wait 24 hrs now and let my rebids go through! Didnt bid for the next two days since only Radisson Showed up!

not all of Priceline's "Shop and Compare" hotels participate in the "Name Your Own Price" (bidding) product.

Wouldnt it come back with there are no Resorts in the area you are bidding on Message then? I know there are resorts there, and I know they have been won on priceline! thanks Im sure Ill get there soon or later, just hoping for under $90

Imagine three hotels at the Resort leve in a given zone, HotelA, HotelB, HotelC.

Thru the "retail" product you could see HotelA and HotelB offered while in the "opaque" product only HotelB and HotelC participate... therefore not all hotels that participate in the retail product also participate in the opaque product (HotelA), and not all hotels that participate in the opaque product also participate in the retail product (HotelC)... and still some participate in both (HotelB)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Imagine three hotels at the Resort leve in a given zone, HotelA, HotelB, HotelC.

Thru the "retail" product you could see HotelA and HotelB offered while in the "opaque" product only HotelB and HotelC participate... therefore not all hotels that participate in the retail product also participate in the opaque product (HotelA), and not all hotels that participate in the opaque product also participate in the retail product (HotelC)... and still some participate in both (HotelB)

I understand that all-but others have been winning the same class hotel in that area so I dont think that holds here! And if they dont have the class in that zone wouldnt they tell me like they have when I tried to Bid for santa Monica or Santa Barbara in California!

Been trying to bid for a Resort in Sedona! Anyway Whenever I bid and it fails for some reason I cant seem to add any of the other zones and rebid, otherwise I get back the same message!!!

Thank You for Naming Your Own Price

• 3 weeks later...

OK this has happened to me a dozen times now and I just cant figure out why!

I bid for a Resort in Sedona for $80-Fails

I then try to add any of the other zones to Rebid--But this is when I get psued to the message about being duplicate bid and unable to process that I posted above!

Even if I add another Zone and Increase Price I get same message!

I emailed Priceline but they have been anything but a help, basically they cant even understand my question!!

I used pcln for yearrs now and I cant understand why Now I am havign problems! Couldnt rebid when I was trying for Ventura also a while back! Could I have a messed up cookie or something you think?

If I understand it correctly, the message you posted above is not a duplicate offer message. You bid was submitted and processed just not accepted by any of the properties in the area.

I thought that too but it doesnt bring me back to the bidding screen shere I should get one more shot at adding another zone, it brings me to the priceline section where you can see hotel and Room Price! Do you think it matters tha I start my bidding by looking at the hotels listed and prices, they select name my own price? Should I just start out naming my own price and not look for room and prices, then go? Its the only thing I can hink that I might be doing now that I didnt in the past. If we can I can show you tomorrow online with a IM as I can start bidding again tomorrow

It's called marketing... they can't find a hotel to accept your price so they try to sell you a room from their retail product.

I mentioned this earlier that you should just re-access priceline and go about bidding again, adding whatever re-bid zone you need in order to 'change' the bid, but you said that didn't work either.

I don't think it is something you did. From my experience, the screen is more frequently shown when there is a great difference between the price you bid and prices being accepted or there is just no room released for the period you selected. Of course there is no way for me to make a definite conclusion but it make sense from the marketing stand point. By displaying the 'shop and compare' screen, priceline wants you to realize either how big the difference is between your bid and the normal market prices are or how close they are (If no rooms were released to priceline, you won't get a room no matter how high you bid). The end result being either it encourages you to raise your bid to better align with current market price or just buy the rooms from the 'shop and compare' screen respectively.

If you would like to try the rebid process, you can simply follow the link at the end or open a new priceline window and start over.

Thank You for Naming Your Own Price

THANKS for all your help-I have now bid up to $106 a night for every combo of nights I could, have tried for 1 night with hope of extending, 2 nights and all 3 nights and every combo of each! still no luck! Dont think I want to go much higher then $110 so I might drop down to accept a 3 star hotel next time since the one listed isnt that bad and I wouldnt mind staying there if the price is right!

AGAIN THANKS for EVERYONES HELP--and I will definetly tell the end result when I have one!

I just hope that you already have a back up reservation... I have one at Best Western for around $150 and one at La Quinta for Around $80

I was thinking same thing--going to book a back up this weekend! thinking the Hilton for 2 nights then one night splurge at the Enchantment Resort!

Afraid to bid now for Sedona much higher, really dont want the Radisson, but might be tempted to drop down to 3 stars for the Amara Resort but I dont think I have ever seen a win there? thanks again

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]