Priceline Hotel: Toronto Hotel needed closest to Ferry??

shefury
By shefury,
in

I plan on taking the family to Centreville...hubby, me and 3 kids. What would you say is the closest recommended hotel to the Ferry? Or top 3....or whatever you feel like giving.

I will post when I make the reservation and what I won it for when it eventually happens...right now I need some guidance. Thanks very much in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Few issuess...

1) have you ever used priceline or HOTWIRE before? If not, you can't choose the specific hotel you'll be staying at, so trying to pick the closest to a specific location is a moot point. See I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire for more information.

2) are you intending on booking more than one room? Priceline only guarantees double occupancy, while HOTWIRE enables you to search for up to quad occupancy.... after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. Some people take the risk, others aren't comfortable doing so. See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ for additional info.

Are you able to accept the conditions of using the opaque suppliers? If so, which service would you prefer to use, and which zone(s) are you willing to accept?

Let us know the above or ask any questions you may have and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, I have only used HOTWIRE. You have just reminded me about the Priceline guarantee of only double occupancy...I knew once, but since I never have actually gone too far with a reservation using Priceline, I forgot about that.

So I suppose that HOTWIRE would be the way for me to go again, since I have a better idea of the area it would place me in. I'm assuming Toronto Downtown East would be closest to the Ferry?? I can just try to utilize the Hotel list you all so neatly compiled to TRY and get something close to the Ferry.

Thanks for the reminder.

I'm not sure of the exact loation of the ferry along the waterfront, but it seems to me that you should probably consider both the East and West zones as both are along the waterfront, adjacent to each, and narrow... there are some parts of the West zone that are actually closer to the water than parts of the east zone.

Do a HOTWIRE search (for quad occupancy... although note you'll still be 'one short') and let us know what is offered that you may be interested in (budget and quality-wise) and we will try to help you ID them and/or confirm what you believe to be the hotels offered.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your searches and any purchases you make.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Westin Harbour Castle, which is right at the Centreville Ferry, is often available on Priceline for about $77 a night under the 4 star category in Downtown Toronto.

Mind you, you MIGHT get the Sheraton Centre, or the Sutton Place instead, but both of them are alright due to the proximity of the subway or the #6 Bay bus, which takes you right to the ferry docks.

Thanks for your responses. I did a search for Friday, August 10 to Saturday August 11 in Toronto and came up with this one. 4 star, $69, Amenities include fitness centre, pool, business centre, restaurant, high speed internet and it is located in TORONTO WEST.

Then there is one located in TORONTO EAST 4 star for $89 (customer favorite) that has all the above mentioned amenities, but also spa services and tennis nearby.

Of course cheaper is more enticing to me, being on a tight budget, but I will consider all of your recommendations. Thanks again for your help!

The 4* in the West zone matches the Hilton, Renaissance, and the Inter-Continental, so either of these would be our best guess. The 4* in the East zone matches the Westin Harbour Castle so that would be our best guess for that property.

Please use this HOTWIRE link ti begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 2 weeks later...

While this may be late, the record may be helpful to others. I know the area well. The idea of being near the island ferries is pretty strange. This is a one-shot event. The amusement park on the island is a small kiddieland and after a half day there is nothing to do - the lake is not great for swimming unless cold water appeals. There are hotels in walking distance to the ferry but a cab ride from any downtown hotel to the docks is minimal. The Bay Street bus and the Spadina and Harbourfront streetcar lines all stop right there. The better hotels are farther from the docks. If you decide to go to the zoo, don't look for a hotel in that area either.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]