Cumulative Priceline Statistics

pitflyer
By pitflyer,
in

I keep a spreadsheet of my Priceline stays and to date I have spent $2,652 on Priceline hotels, of which $300 was spent on the Priceline fee (I just booked my 50th Priceline stay). Total nights booked at Priceline hotels: 70. The hotel rates show my total for these stays would add up to $7,480, or I saved a total of $4829. Since some of the hotels show unrealistic rates when I check (ie I would never stay there at that rate, find somewhere else comparable) I would say that on average my hotel spending is about 40% of what I would expect to spend without Priceline.

Anyone else keep this sort of statistics?

The most I've paid through Priceline: Four nights at the Marriott Amsterdam (4*) for $350

The least I've paid through Priceline: Two nights at the Homestead Smyrna/Atlanta (2*) for $8

I've thrown away 3 stays (ie stays I booked but never went to) for a total loss of $46, including a stay at that

Homestead (I booked two of those $1/night deals, but after the first time, didn't think it was worth a $1).

I've never found a hotel cheaper at Hotwire. I have found airline tickets cheaper there, several times.

To date, I have spent a total of $13,100 on Priceline:

Hotel as a home (I live in a hotel, thanks to PL - see TV story): $10,474 (32 accepted bids)

Hotel while on a trip: $1,885 (13 accepted bids)

Flight: $446 (1 accepted bid)

Rental car: $295 (6 accepted bids)

The figures above include the PL fee.

I earned 13,100 miles on Delta by using the Skymiles American Express for all these bids.

The most I've paid through Priceline: $80 in Barcelona.

The least I've paid through Priceline: $24 in Palm Springs.

I've not thrown away a single stay.

I haven't purchased anything from Hotwire ever since I started using PL. PL beats Hotwire every time.

Hey, VERY cool story about you living in hotels.

I recall my first hotel stay as a little kid (at Disneyworld) and i thought it was exciting being someplace other than home. Back then i thought, "why don't we stay here all the time", well you my friend are making that a reality!

Way to be your own person!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...

I'm really curious on how many times folks have used Priceline for Hotel bookings over the years and how much money they have saved. The number of times is real easy to figure. Just go to your "My Trips" listings. In most cases, the $$$ savings is about equal to what was paid before taxes and fees, right? :)

An Addict! Me? My wife just declared me a Priceline Addict! When we get back home I will compile my PL stats and post. It will be staggering to see the number of PL stays we/I have had and the gobs of $$$ I have saved!

Just this week we are saving $147/nite over this hotel's internet rate!! I have also saved my friends huge amounts of money on their hotel rooms and improved the quality of their stay.

Yes, I'm hooked and proud of it! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]