Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE) Westin St. Francis

adobe
By adobe,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board. We've mored your post to its own thread since the dates are different (not exactly the same) as the thread you had replied to.

When HOTWIRE first came out they only offered double occupancy... some hotels may not have updated their contract for more than double occupancy, or others may not want to take the trouble to manage their room inventory on a deeply discounted rate, so they only offer double occupancy and this way can give the guest whatever is available at inventory. Only offering their rooms for double occupancy gives them more flexibility in managing their inventory.

Please remember to use our HOTWIRE link for any furuture purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When you add a third person, whether adult or child, the Westin is no longer the least expensive 4* in the USE zone, and so it gets bumped. Hotwire only displays the least expensive hotel at each quality rating in a zone.

For 2 adults on 7/21 Hotwire offers the Westin at $129.

When I input 2 adult + 1 child or 3 adults Hotwire offers a different 4* hotel at $142. That hotel doesn't have a "Spa" icon, so it's not the Westin.

Westin has two towers. Priceline and Hotwire customers are typically assigned to the older tower, and a room with one bed. The Westin charges an upgrade fee for two beds or new tower. I think it's $35 or $40 per night. $129 + $35 = $164, which is more than the other Hotwire 4* in USE charges for three people.

Yeah, $35 to upgrade to a king and an 11th floor view of Union Square.

Awesome deal. Even though it wasn't the cheapest in USE, it was still

a great deal for the luxury. I'm glad I read about the technique on betterbidding.com.

On the other hand, I snuck a peek at the folio tucked under the door for

the adjacent room, and they had a $140 govt rate. How about that!

Better than the hotwire plus upgrade trick.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]