Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (University) Sheraton University

IBDP
By IBDP,
in

Hello to all,

Yes, that is my post above this one for the same days in the same month in the same year for another hotel, due to a mishap we'll chalk up to "Computer error".Is that okay, thereuare? Had to bid again because my "winning bid" was in Trevose, a30 minute drive from where my husband needs to be for Scientific Meetings.

My first bid $55.00 for a 3*** in the University area; Priceline suggested this was too low and I should bid higher. I did. Should I have? Bid $65.00 April 3 through 8. Got my bid. Sheraton is actually a 31/2 star hotel. Would you call this an upgrade?

:)

Thanks for reporting your latest win and i'm glad to see that your prior experience didn't sour you on Priceline forever!

Suggestions by Priceline of how much to pay should almost always be ignored, and is touched upon in this thread: Priceline Suggests How Much to Bid.

A ray of light is that the hotel website is showing $129/nite for these dates, so even if you include the previous glitch you are just about break-even when comparing both purchases to having just purchased this one direct in the first place.

You should fee free to ask for help with bidding strategies before you bid any area that is new to you... at the very least it can confirm your own bidding strategy, confirm re-bid zones, get feedback from other users who know the area who can also advise if there are any known mis-rated hotels in the area, etc, etc.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]