Priceline Hotel: 3* Pittsburgh (East-Monroeville) Holiday Inn Parkway East

erinys
By erinys,
in

My husband bid and bid and bid starting at $40 on 2.5 and 3* in Monroeville and West Mifflin. Finally bid $58 based on 2.5* and was given a counteroffer to add $17, but was out of free rebids and time.

Later I logged in (through Savings Barn) under my account, sick of rebidding and didn't want to fool around anymore, bid $66 for 3* in Monroeville and got it. This was the hotel we hoped for, but since it's for a trip to Kennywood we would have gotten more (breakfast) for the same price on ONE of the two nights if we'd gone through the HI website and gotten the Kennywood package (including park tickets). But still a significant savings on the second night.

Doesn't look like there've been a lot of summer season wins in this area, so hope it helps someone!

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $66.00

Subtotal: $132.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $27.41

Total Charges*: $159.41

Staying at the hotel now, so far it has been an 'ok, kinda' experience. Many children, much noise, half the staff are surly while the other half are very pleasant, room is adequately clean and not very stinky OR perfume-y for a smoking room. If I remember I'll try to do a review at the end of it all. I suspect we're getting a lousier room due to Priceline, but that's not a definite. More of a "I think we have some King rooms left, let me look it up...oh, no, we just gave out the very last King room." On the other hand, we are high and facing away from the noisy highway. Up late spending $ washing their towels which do have far too much smell of fabric softener in them. How much can I complain when we're getting 1/3 off thanks to all the great info on this site!

Our friends ended up at the 2.5* Holiday Inn - Monroeville (at full price) and seem much happier. Will try to check it out before we go. It was renovated in 2006. Can't say for sure, but sounds like as good an experience for potentially less money for anyone interested. In our case it appeared the 2.5* would have gone for about the same price as the 3*. Based on the Holiday Inn website, the 2.5* seems to have a higher regular retail cost than this 3*. Go figure.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]