Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Secaucus-Meadowlands) La Quinta Inn and Suites Clifton

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

started a Priceline Bid through SavingsBarn.com at the 3* level and was rejected in the Secaucus zone up to $95, dropped down to the 2.5* level and bid up to $91. I went over to HOTWIRE, using the links on the board, and saw that there was a 2* for $72, this was probably the Extended Stay America, no thanks.....I saw a 2.5* for $110 with the following amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Pool, HS Internet, this was not yet identified, so I took a chance and got:

La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton

265 Route 3 East

Clifton, New Jersey 07014

1 room @ $110.00

Taxes recovery charges and fees: $20.74

TotalPrice: $130.74

not much of a savings compared to LaQuinta's direct rates of $119, with taxes $136.85....so it looks like my savings won't even buy a McDonalds extra value meal for dinner.... :) This hotel was formerly a Wellsley Inn, it was a bit whipped when I stayed a few years ago. It features a Red Robin chain restaurant attached. The location is on the far west edge of this zone and I believe that the NJ transit bus stop is about a half block away with access to NYC.

Thank you for sharing you results with the board and adding this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Hopefully La Quinta has fixed it up a little since taking it over from the Wellsley Inn.

Thanks for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Hope you're enjoying your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hopefully La Quinta has fixed it up a little since taking it over from the Wellsley Inn.

yes, it looks like the common areas and rooms were upgraded with new carpeting, the room had a new pillow top mattress that was really great along with new bedspreads, desk chair, desk, lamps. The bathrooms may have new tile, but the tub was the original. The first room that I was put in had a really musty smell due to the humid weather, maybe a leaking air conditioner, so I asked to be moved. The next room was fine. As I walked into the room, guests a few rooms away were entering their room and ended up walking into an occupied room. So, don't forget to double lock the door and use the security latch as well! I complained to HOTWIRE that the exercise room was not operational and was awarded $25 hot dollars into my account towards a future stay. The High Speed wireless was fast and had a good signal, the breakfast bar was run of the mill, but did have a make your own waffle machine. The location is about 5-10 minutes west of the hotels in the Mill Creek/Harmon Meadows complex, so it is still a decent location for commuting into the city.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]