Airfare from $2 at Spirit Airlines

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

check out this promotion at Spirit Airlines

$2, $3, $5, $7, $8, $11, $13, $17, $19, $23, $29, $31, $37, $41, $43, $47 and $53 fares must be booked on spiritair.com between 3:00 PM ET on July 17,2007 and 11:59 PM ET on July 18, 2007 for travel on the dates as specified by individual market and by market direction. All other fares must be booked on spiritair.com between 3:00 PM ET on July 17,2007 and 11:59 PM ET on July 18, 2007 for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays between August 21, 2007 and November 14, 2007.

Example: Atlantic City, Atlanta to Las Vegas $47

I check their offers a lot. I booked a few flights with them where the taxes exceeded the airfare. I have flown with them on two flight segments so far. While for the deals offered, I will definitely keep flying with them, I thought I'd point out a few things we have learned:

Both flight segments so far we have been slightly concerned to extremely worried whether we would make it through the check in and security in time. You might want to pay more attention to the regular "get there 2 hours in advance" advice for domestic flights. Both times it seemed there were several flights leaving about the same time, so maybe that contributed to the problem. They charge for any checked baggage, so not bringing any and printing your boarding pass in advance is the way we are going to try to do things in the future. They didn't seem to enforce their carry on bag size super strictly. We didn't see huge ones, but some were definitely thicker than their quoted maximum size with nobody questioning it.

They do not provide blankets or pillows, so bring your own if you want them. I do not think any of their planes have onboard entertainment of any kind. Only water is free.

The seats are less than comfortable. I am tall, so that is always an issue, but these seemed really close together and they hardly reclined at all. We will fly with extra Soma on our next cross country leg...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]