handicapped room

raynedance
By raynedance,
in

I've bid on Priceline before, however I've always run into an issue regarding getting a handicapped (wheelchair) accessible room. I use a chair and need the accessible room and wonder if anyone has had any real success explaining that I should have the right to use Priceline (or Hotwire) to book a room just like anyone else. I just need to ensure I can get a handicapped room. Any suggestions on how to handle this since cancellations (assuming they don't have a room for me) aren't allowed?

Here's what Priceline's Help section has to say about Handicap Rooms:

Question: Can I get a Handicapped-Accessible Room?

Answer: If you have special needs (e.g., wheelchair accessible room) you must call the hotel and verify that special needs can be met. Most hotels will be glad to accommodate you if rooms are available. Your hotel reservation will be refunded, canceled or modified if the particular hotel cannot meet special needs.

If your hotel does not have a handicapped accessible room available, please send us an e-mail.

A good friend of mine is paraplegic and uses a wheelchair. He also uses Priceline and has never had a problem getting a suitable room. He's never needed to ask for a refund from Priceline because every hotel he's won was able to guarantee him a Handicapped room when he called.

What kind of issues have you run into when trying to get a Handicapped room on Priceline?

The issues I've run into happen when I contact the hotel after winning the bid. They state that they can't "guarantee" a wheelchair accessible room but will see what they can do... I've tried to explain that it needs to be guaranteed because I can't get to the hotel on my vacation and then suddenly discover that I don't have a wheelchair accessible room and can't get in the bathroom. Trust me, this has happened. It's good to know that I can get a refund IF the problem happens. Thanks so much for your answer.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]