Priceline Hotel: 3* Monterey, 7/26 2 nights, $110 rejected

ewismer
By ewismer,
in

Hi, I have bid from $80 to $110 in $10 increments over the past two days, all rejected. My question is should I only try to bid for the first night, Thursday, and then add a night? Is the add a night feature always available? I am guessing that the Friday night in this resort area is harder to get than the Thursday night. I may be wrong, so just checking. Thanks.

Were you rejected at $110 for a 3* only? Or you bid $110 for 2.5* too?

What are your exact travel dates? That way we can look up rates and see what's going on.

Generally Friday and Saturday nights in Monterey are more expensive than weekdays. Summer weekends can be especially difficult.

Add a Night isn't always available. Maybe the hotel has rooms on Thursday and sold out on Friday, in which case your Add a Night request would be rejected.

Monterey Hyatt (Priceline 3*) is $279 on Thurday and $289 on Friday. Not much difference.

Hilton Garden Inn (Priceline 2.5*) is sold out both nights.

Hotwire has a 3* in Monterey zone for $229. The amenities don't match any of the 3* hotels in BetterBidding's Hotel List. It could be the Hyatt with a new set of icons or a different 3* hotel.

I think you'll need to bid higher than $110 for a 3* on Priceline. $140 would still be a great deal---more than 50% off.

Hotwire also has a 2* at $99, available both nights. I don't know what hotel that is. Probably I would try bidding to $99 for a 2.5* on Priceline before that, even though the Hilton Garden Inn shows sold out. There are other potential 2.5* hotels in the area besides the Hilton Garden Inn.

I'm done! Went up to $190 per night 3* using different strategies, including changing the number of nights between 1 and 3 nights. All rejected. Then tried 2.5*'s and bid up to $130 per night, also rejected. I do not want to go higher than that for the 2.5* hotels there. Yes, we booked a regular rate room at another hotel we have stayed at, so we are covered. I may try for the 3* again later, because I really would like to stay at the Hyatt. Maybe something will open up, but I am not optimistic. This is the Lantern Festival weekend there, and I think everything is taken.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]