Priceline Hotel: 2* Des Moines (West) Clarion Hotel

Nautica3
By Nautica3,
in

This is a first for me. :)

No, not staying at the Clarion. I've stayed there before via Hotwire (usually for higher $$). But this is the first time I've tried to book a 2* in the West Des Moines area and NOT gotten the Fairfield Inn! In fact, I'd come to associate 2* in West Des Moines exclusively w/ the Fairfield Inn, because they accepted bids so low that I figured no other place would touch them! :) :)

Well, that's what I get for assuming, eh? I'm a little disappointed, because the Clarion doesn't offer free breakfast and they charge for local calls. And I sleep very well on Marriott beds. Oh well, it's just a reminder of the chance you take when booking w/ P/L!

Was rejected on a prior $23/night bid, same criteria, just West Des Moines only. :o

For the accepted bid, I added the Merle Hay area. It's not a "true" re-bid since there are 2.5* hotels in merle Hay area, but I figured it was a pseudo-rebid since it was highly unlikely that a 2.5* hotel would accept $25/night.

Nautica :D

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]