By mfhstid,
in

The following appear for those dates:

Lombard zone:

2* shuttle, restaurant, tennis, $85

1* no amenities, $96

Nob Hill:

1* no amenities, $74

I've tried looking at the pinned hotel list, and Hotwire vacation packages, but neither give any clue. Previous post on this (here, and here, for example) are inconclusive.

Any help appreciated.

I can't find a match for the 2.5* or 2* hotels in HOTWIRE vacation packages. (There's only one hotel offered in vacation packages that's less than 3*.)

There are any number of Travelodge, EconoLodge, DaysInn and etc on Lombard and the 2* is probably one of those. The 1* with no icons I don't even want to think about. :)

Before trying to identify the 2.5* or 2* on Lombard I wanted to mention that for the same money Hotwire has a 3* in Civic Center-Japantown for $102 or a 3* in Union Square West for $102. It's possible you could win a 4* in Union Square for less than $90 on Priceline.

Is Lombard where you actually want to stay? Nothing wrong if it is, but it's not the most common choice so I thought I'd check. One advantage the motor courts on Lombard have is free parking usually. The hotels in Union Square charge more like $40-50/night.

On Priceline another poster won the Omni for your exact dates at $80 yesterday. That's a 4* in Union Square East.

OMNI WIN

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'd prefer Lombard as I prefer to stay in Marina, Cow Hollow, Pacific Heights etc rather than downtown. Free parking is a bonus too. I'll be staying with my wife and two kids, so that probably rules out Priceline because I don't want to risk being denied a suitable room.

I'm afraid the dates I posted above were wrong - it's 14-16 August I'm after.

Checking quad occupancy on HOTWIRE for your revised dates:

2.5* Lombard $95

2* Lombard $84

1* Lombard $93

Unfortunately I'm unable to identify any of the hotels.

Personally I don't think the savings are enough vs a conventional booking on Lombard to compensate for the "mystery" factor. If you want to chance it I'd stick with the 2.5*.

There's a 1* on Nob Hill for $69 with quad occupancy but that location will have a steep parking charge.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]