SJC San Jose Economy Budget

BHL
By BHL,
in

Looking for an economy/compact/subcompact, whichever is cheapest and best on gas. I've purchased a few hotels through Priceline in the past, but never a rental car. Is Priceline the cheapest?

I've purchased a hotel room through priceline yesterday, and need to purchase another one as well.

I would probably start at $25 and if that is rejected then wait 3 days and try again at $28.

If that is rejected you can then decide to go with HOTWIRE or direct with Fox (note we are an affiliate, please use this previous link if you go the direct route)

Keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Economy, $25 rejected. It gave me a chance to rebid:

We searched hundreds of options to find your rental car, however we were not able to find a rental car company that would accept your price of $25 per day. If you are willing to raise your price, you can try the same request again right now.

Normally you are required to change additional items (car type, location, or dates) in order to try your request again, however we are able to extend this one-time opportunity to you because of the type of rental car and dates you requested. All you have to do to try again is raise your offer price. If you do not want to increase your price and would prefer to modify your request, click here.

When/why does it offer this?

So I rebid at $28, which was accepted by Budget.

Your Offer Price: $28.00

Total Rental Days: 4

Subtotal: $112.00

Taxes & Fees: $42.98

Total Charges: $154.98

FYI, total cost at Hotwire (at $31.95/day rate) would have been $162.96.

Also wondering, when I won a split hotel bid for this trip, the 27th-29th, it gave me the option to add a car for only $24/day (which I didn't). Is that because it wasn't for as many days as the above?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]