international flight bidding?

isis1405
By isis1405,
in

I AM THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING AIRLINE TICKETS FROM PRICELINE FROM DC TO CAIRO, IS THERE ANY SUGGESTIONS? I HAVE USED PRICELINE BEFORE FOR HOTELS BUT NEVER FOR AIRLINE TICKETS. I AM A LITTLE HESITANT ABOUT THIS. DOES PRICELINE HAVE MORE THAN 1 STOPOVER FOR INT'L? AND MY LAST QUESTION IS WHAT IF I WANTED TO CHANGE THE RETURN DATE, WOULD I BE ABLE TO DO THAT? THANKS

You can't change the return date.

Priceline gives you the option of choosing how many connections you want, so you won't get more than you are willing to accept.

I think most people would suggest you look hard to find a ticket with a consolidator who specializes in Middle Eastern travel first, because many of the best deals for this area are not necessarily available online. Then once you find a price to compare with, you could try Priceline.

isis1405, welcome to BetterBidding!

Best advice is to do your research first to find out the non-Priceline cost to make sure you don't over-bid. Also, know how much taxes and fees are on your route, as that amount will be added to your bid and can be well in excess of $100 (another way of accidentally overbidding). Also, don't forget to check the website of non-US based airlines.

You won't be able to change your depature date once your purchase has been made.

PS- please don't type in all CAPS as it makes your post more difficult to read

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thank u very much for your helpful replys. I have found out that i can purchase the tickets from a travel agent for around 800 bucks, which is a pretty good rate, however i dont know if i can get them cheaper at priceline. The max price i think i would bid on at priceline is $650. Do u think it would be a smart idea to use priceline to save $150?

Have you found out the fees and taxes that are imposed by the airlines? (i'm not refering to Priceline's fee). I think that a $650 bid will likely bring you very close to the $800 ticket you have after you add taxes and fees onto your bid amount.

I won't usually use Priceline or Hotwire for airfare, but many people do everyday. I think the only time i would consider it would be for a very common itinerary like NYC>>LAX or NYC>>ORD and the savings would need to be significant enough for me to give up flight time selection.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]