Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Downtown) Westin Bonaventure Hotel

cdngirl
By cdngirl,
in

Hi there, I'm new to this forum as well as Priceline & Hotwire, but I've been reading up on posts here. I tried a search but didn't find any info on this...

Is there any way of bidding on a hotel that allows pets using either of these sites? If not, do you have any suggestions on finding cheaper hotel rates?

Thanks!

I'm looking to book a room in LA from Sun-Thurs (check-out on Thurs morning, so 4 nights), but I noticed that a lot of hotels have lower rates on Sun/Mon night and higher rates on Mon/Tues/Wed night. Would I be better off splitting the bid, maybe into Sun-Mon and Tues-Wed nights, or Sun and Mon-Wed nights? Or does it make no/minimal difference if I were to bid Sun-Thurs?

Thanks! :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You cannot ensure a pet-friendly hotel when using the opaque providers.

You may choose to take the risk and use HOTWIRE for a properyt that you think you have identified, but this is probably only an option if you want (and not need) to take your pet with you and can find alternate accomodations for him/her if the hotel you receive is not pet friendly.

Other sources to check for good rates are EasyClickTravel, GTA Hotels, and Quickbook.

As far as if SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID is a good idea, it is more so pertaining to rates for your specific dates of travel, and i would draw a 'general' conclusion (except in Vegas where weekends are 2x-3x more than midweek rates)

If the pet issue doesn't preclude you from bidding let us know the actual dates of your stay and we'll advise further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the welcome and the quick reply!

I'm looking for pet-friendly hotels for a different trip (East coast), so I think just to be safe, I'll try those websites you've mentioned.

I'm looking for a hotel (or hotels) in LA, check-in on Sun. July 15, check-out on Thurs. July 19. I don't mind splitting my bid and staying in the same area, or two different areas.

My top preferences for areas are: BH/WH, Santa Monica/Marina Del Rey, or Hollywood. If downtown LA is significantly cheaper, I don't mind staying there too. Budget ~$100/night, but I certainly won't complain if I can find a rate that's cheaper than that. :) Oh, and would prefer 3* or 4* if possible!

You're so flexible that it's almost hard to give advice, cdngirl!

First, you can usually get a 4* Downtown (roughly $60-80) for less than a 3* in the three other zones you want.

Do you want to save money by bidding Downtown? Or do you prefer bidding some or all of your days to your $100 limit in your preferred zones first?

Haha, I guess part of the problem is that it's my first time in LA and I don't really know where I'd like to stay! That's my excuse for my indecisiveness. :)

I found out this morning that I'll be able to rent a car, so I can zip around from whatever location I'm in. So, if downtown is a safe and easy location to make my 'home' base, and it is that much cheaper, then I'll opt for a 4* downtown hotel as my first choice.

Do you think I would get a better deal splitting my bid? And what would be a good starting bid/bid increase increment for a 4* downtown hotel?

Your two budget options (probably less than $80) are 1) a 4* Downtown or 2) a 2.5* in Beverly Hills. I don't suggest 3* bidding Downtown beause there's a 3* hotel Downtown that most people don't like.

With your $100 limit you could also try for 1) a 4* or 3* in Beverly Hills or 2) a 3* in Santa Monica. (Santa Monica doesn't have 4* bidding.) Your $100 limit probably isn't enough for a 4* in Hollywood.

I'm not trying to steer you in any particular direction but in order to provide advice you'll need to decide how many nights you want to stay where.

Keep in mind that almost all LA hotels charge to park and the parking charge isn't included in your Priceline bid.

If staying all four nights Downtown is your first choice then no, I don't think you need to split your bid at the start.

Sat. July 6, 2007

bid $60 rejected

add Brentwood-Westwood

bid $64 rejected

add Culver City

bid $67 rejected

add Lawndale

bid $69 accepted!

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $69.00

Subtotal: $276.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $49.85

Total Charges*: $325.85

Went through SavingsBarn.com link. Hope this helps.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]