booking through Priceline for a family of four

nsm
By nsm,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Note that HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy.

If you'd like further help please post in the appropriate forum in the ILLINOIS section of the board and include the actual dates of your stay.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

[summary: Priceline Name your own price: Does not provide more than double occupancy and you are out of luck if the hotel can't help.

I have used priceline bidding on a few occasions for myself and found the benefits to be great. Given this experience I decided to use the bidding method for my family vacation for a family of four.

However after thinking I had gotten a great hotel 2.5 star, a few days later I checked with the hotel only to find out my room accomodations was equipped with two twin beds. I then asked the hotel for an upgrade and I was told they did not have any upgrade rooms available over the long weekend, even thought the cost would be an additional $50. Note the cost of priceline and $50 would put me up in a 3 star hotel with 2 double beds.

I have contacted priceline with my situation and they have not been willing to make any changes saying No cancellations, changes or refunds. After stating their policy of "We or the applicable hotel may, on an exception basis and at the request of the hotel guest, may waive one or more of the restrictions after the hotel room has been booked.", they still have refused to assist with my booking.

Now I am left with either staying in a small room with not enough beds or booking at another hotel.

Thanks Priceline

Kearn,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As per Our Rules and Policies:

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]