Priceline Hotel: 2* Brunswick Baymont Inn and Suites

Stan
By Stan,
in

Hi,

I waited 72 hours after I bidded on Tuesday. Tonight I started with 2* hotel, area Brunswick for April 3, 1 night. I started my first bid at $22. It was rejected. The second time, the 3* and 2* were greyed out leaving only 1*. How come I was not allowed to bid 3 times? What is the proper bid for a 2* in Brunswick, Ga?

Do you think I can find a 2 * hotel for about $33 on I-95 in or near Brunswick, Ga without booking in advance? I remember seeing hotels advertised on billboards at that rate while passing through Georgia on I-95.

Is there any coupon I can use with my bidding?

I checked with Hotwire, there is a 2* hotel for $32 in Brunswick, Ga.

Thank for your help.

Stan

Stan, glad you asked. Make sure you wait the full 72 hrs, clear the cache and cookies and try again. Follow my lead from previous posts & you will hit it right on the mark, if Spring Break does not interfere. Here's my latest post for Brunswick:

"Just got this for some dear friends.

Congratulations, you got your price of $25 for a 2-star hotel room.

Ramada Inn Brunswick

Check-In Date: Friday, February 13, 2004

Check-Out Date: Monday, February 16, 2004

3040 Scarlett Street

Brunswick, Georgia 31520

912-264-3621

Your Offer Price: $25.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $75.00

Taxes and

Service Fees: $15.32

Total Charges: $90.32

They have stayed there before and said it is rated as one of the best Ramadas going. Their Ramada Club membership worked before that got them a hot b'fast and cocktails in the evening."

In addition to BT's comments...

When you selected 2* Priceline was searching for hotels at 2* or higher. So when they ask you to change something so that you can bid again immediately, they don't let you select 3* since they view you having already searched for 3* hotels when you bid for 2*.

Hope that adds some additional insight.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Last week, I tried to use my wife's name from the same computer as the person doing the bid. But PL knew and replied that I could not rebid until after 72 hours. Maybe I did not clear the cache or maybe the credit card info reflected my name since we are sharing the same credit cards. If I was not doing it right, please tell me what I need to do.

Anyway, I sent PL an email last night asking them when I can rebid again, and their reply was tonight after 9:30pm.

I will post my result tonight.

Thanks.

Stan

Stan, the second PL account must be totally different--a different credit card and email address. If you are like me, you have gobs of charge cards. When I first thought/told of this, sometime ago, I was curious about what would Priceline say. So I asked PL, and they came back with a reply encouraging this and indeed not having a problem with it. Bottomline, when a bid goes thru, PL make $$$!

It does help to clear the cache and cookies and rebooting. Are you using a dial-up connect or high speed broadband? :)

Hi,

I just started my first bid tonight at $24, it was rejected. For the next bidiing, PL requires me to increase my bid by +$6. Anything less, PL would not allow me to proceed. I thought one can increase the bid by any amount. If I increase the bid amount by +6, the total would be $30 + service fees and tax of abount $9. Any suggestion? I still have time until April 2.

I will be waiting to hear from someone.

Thanks.

Stan

Stan, I bet $25 would have done it like my previous post indicated! That is the lowest I have gotten a 2* hotel for in Brunswick recently.

Good Luck! Anyone else want to help out here?

Also, to clarify my point about multiple PL accounts. Every member of my family has a PL account. Each with a different charge card & email address.

Just read your additional comments on this thread and you might want to retry on your first charge card now since 72 hrs have past.

Hi Bturner13,

I did restart my bidding tonight. Please read my first post. I started at $24. PL wants me to increase by +$6. It won't take anything less than $30. Hoteire lists 2* at $35.

Regarding my wife credit card, it has both our names on it. Does it have to be her credit card only?

Thanks.

Stan

:rolleyes:Hi,

I started bidding at $24. Bid rejected and PL required increase by +$6. 2nd bid at $30. Accepted by PL. The hotel is Baymont Inn and Suites Brunswick. I went to www.travelnow.com website, price listed at $69.95. It also listed Ramada Inn Brunswick at $49.95 for the same night. From the photo for Baymont Inn, It looks like a nice hotel.

Congratulations, you got your price of $30 for a 2-star hotel room.

Your Offer Price: $30.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $30.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$9.63

Total Charges: $39.63

I want to thank Thereuare and Bturner13 for their helps.

Stan

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]