Priceline Hotel: 4* Orange Country (Newport-Hundtingon Beach) Hyatt Newport Beach

shadowdriver
By shadowdriver,
in

I am new to the forum but have been trying unsuccessfully to get a 4* hotel in the huntington beach area. The date that I want are:

Check in July 12/07

Check Out July 16/07

I am willing to go up to $100/night

I have tried several times starting at 80 and rebidding up to 100 for 4* but no luck.

Does it make a difference if you have selected travel insurance.

I have not tried 3* yet. What is a good price to start there? I don't want to pay more that 80 for a 3*. Is this reasonable for the time frame that I want.

Thank you

Selecting travel insurance doesn't affect whether your bid is accepted or not.

The 4* Hyatt is $235, $249, $249, $195 for your dates.

Are you willing to split your bid to improve your chances of acceptance? That could mean switching hotels once during your stay.

If you're not willing to split your bid then you'll need to bid higher than $100 for a 4* or try for the 3*.

Hotwire has a 3* in Newport Beach/Huntington Beach for your dates at $79. The amenities are a match for Hotel Huntington Beach. I'm not familiar with the hotel.

You could try to beat that price by bidding from $60 to $75 for a 3* on Priceline.

If you buy on Hotwire please use the link that helps support this board.

Unfoturnately your four nights, a Thursday thru Monday, don't have a natural split point. When possible I recommend bidding weekend nights (Fri and Sat) separately from weekdays, as hotels often have different Priceline rates for weekends and weekdays.

In your case bidding the weekend separately might mean changing hotels TWICE, which most people don't want to do on a four day stay. But your Thursday and Sunday may be cheaper on Priceline than Fri/Sat. Or Thurs and Sunday might be available on Priceline and Fri/Sat are not.

As a first step I would bid from $80 to $100 for a 4* for your first three nights, 7/12-7/15. Then do the same for your last three nights, from 7/13-7/16.

Let us know how that goes and then we'll take it from there. To support this board it's appreciated if you start your Priceline bids with the link at SavingsBarn.com.

Yes, I think you have a better chance if you're not bidding for Friday and Saturday nights.

It's also possible that you're just bidding too early for the Friday/Saturday. Sometimes hotels don't give Priceline availability until much closer to the travel dates.

You still have time so another option is to reserve a cancellable backup now and keep bidding $100 for Fri/Sat for another few weeks.

It's possible you can win some 4* weekdays at $100 if you're willing to be patient. Win might not happen until a week or two before your stay.

Your options are:

1) try $110 for 4*

2) keep trying $100/4* every few days.

3) try for 3* Huntington/Newport

4) buy the $79 Hotwire

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]