Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help

mustangmonica
By mustangmonica,
in

Hi there,

I just placed a bid but failed :)

I started my bid at the 3* level in the Santa Rosa/Rohnert Park area. Which is where I actually want to stay.

First bid was $65. Rejected For some reason the 4* gray out so I wasn't able to use as a re-bid.

Second bid was$70. Added Fairfield area. Rejected

Third bid was $75. Added Napa area. Rejected

Fourth bid was $80. Added Sonoma area. Rejected.

I tried closing the browser but I was done with all of my rebids at this time. I know it's summer so perhaps I am just being too conservative on my bids.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Monica

Ok I just tried bidding for a 4* and bid as follows:

Chose 4*, Santa Rosa $95 rejected

Added Fairfield, $100 rejected

Added Napa, $105 rejected

Added Sonoma, $110 rejected

Added 3*, $100 rejected

Like I said, I am willing to pay up to $150 and I started at the low end.

How long do I have to wait before I bid again?

Ever since Hyatt purchased the Vineyard Creek Hotel (4* Santa Rosa) back in 2003, there has been a fairly distinctive pattern where we rarely (if ever) see reported wins for this hotel during July, August and September. I've tried myself on a number of occasions during these months (in past years) and I've always struck out -or- Priceline came back with very high counteroffers near $200. I looked at HOTWIRE for your dates to try and gauge what their pricing was for this property, however it's not coming up at all. So I think it's safe to say it's going to take a bid higher than you might be willing to pay for 4 stars in this zone to be successful. That is if the hotel has even released inventory to Priceline at all.

Good luck! All it takes is patience and more money! :)

• 7 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]