Fremont, California 94536

510-979-1222

Check-In Date: Monday, June 18, 2007

Check-Out Date: Thursday, June 21, 2007

Your Offer Price: $33.00

Subtotal: $99.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $19.28

Total Charges*: $118.28

My luck with $31 deal at ESA Milpitas finally come to an end. This one is about 5 miles north, on I-680.

My initial try of $32 did not work.

This has not been a good week for my star rating posting on BetterBidding. I also omitted the 2.5* rating on the Country Inn posting.

Priceline listing the rating on the Congratulation Page, but not on the Printable Page. My intuition id not work well. I'll take this lesson and be more dilligent in the future. I have been my own victim too by bidding 2* in the Newark-Fremont zone.

The rooms and amenities at the two Extended Stay Americas in Fremont are identical. I don't see any basis for rating one 1* and the other 2*. (There's also an Extended Stay Deluxe in Fremont.)

The ExtStay rated 1* is nicer than the 2* hotel, imo, because it's newer and in a (slightly) more upscale neighborhood. And ExtStay charges MORE for the 1* hotel than the 2* on their own website, at least for the random dates I checked---$64.99 vs $59.99.

Same situation exists in South San Jose zone. There Priceline rates Extended Stay America a 2* while the Extended Stay DELUXE right next door, which has larger rooms and costs more at retail, is rated 1* by Priceline.

They ALL should be rated 1*, imo, as they're not in the same league as other Priceline 2*'s like La Quinta, Hampton Inn, and Fairfield Inn.

I basically agree with Colfax. Short of a 1.5* rating, I wish all ESA and Homestead wererated 1* but ExtDeluxe can be rated 2*. This way I can decide if I want to pay extra for ExtDeluxe without being taken into ESA/Homestead. Besides Fremont-Neward and South San Jose zones, there are also a pair of ExtDeluxe and Homestead not too far apart near San Jose Airport. Most of ExtDeluxe rooms are as good as Residence Inn 5 years ago but no daily service.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]