Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Mayfair-Soho) Sheraton Park Lane

ezed
By ezed,
in

We're looking for 1 room for 2 seniors , tourists, in central London near museums, theaters, for 7 nites. We do have a backup hotel, the Arosfa , 83 Gower, Bloomsbury, at GBP 75/nite (bkft. incld.).

Would appreciate advice on PL zones for us and a bidding strategy. Thanks for the help.

The Arosfa has no elevators - does that make a difference to you?

The location is really convenient, so you will have to think carefully about whether you want to give up such a convenient location.

I'd suggest bidding in the Mayfair or Bloomsbury zones. A bid in the Bloomsbury zone might give you a somewhat less convenient location (although the Arosfa is geographically in the Bloomsbury zone) or a bid in the Bloomsbury zone might give you an equivalent location. The Mayfair zone will give a different, but likely equally convenient location.

Any other zone is certain to be at least a little less convenient.

Also, what dates do you want?

Thanks for comments on Arosfa. We're OK on the stairs.

We're looking for a 4* rating for the 7 nites starting 27 Sept (i.e., 9/27 to 10/4 depart.). Zones preferred are Bloomsbury and Mayfair. I would appreciate any comments on whether PL hotels in Kensington and Regents Park might be too distant for us "city-center tourists"

Kensington and Regents Park zone hotels are definitely going to be out of walking distance to most attractions, and some of the hotels in these zones will likely require an extra 25 minutes or so each way to get to the main tourist areas. On the other hand, even with the most central hotel possible, you will likely want to visit some spots out of walking distance.

You have no re-bid zones available when bidding 4* in London. Given you have some time before your stay, i would begin with the following:

Select 4* Bloomsbury...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Mayfair...

Bid $75, if rejected add Bloomsbury...

Bid $80.

We're starting a bit low so don't get too discouraged if you not successful... plenty of time to go so just report back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did go ahead and use your bid strategy, starting at $75 . However, when I opened PL for the Mayfair bid, I got the "small chance " message about bidding so low.

So I bid $80 for the Mayfair, was rejected, and added Bloomsbury at $85. This bid too was rejected.

Ready for another round in 24 hrs.

Thanks for your help.

Select 4* Bloomsbury...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Mayfair...

Bid $95, if rejected add Bloomsbury...

Bid $100.

I would ignore priceline's "low chance" messages... while in this instance it may be true, we're really just adding it to rule out any possibility and maintain a systematic method to bidding.

Keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I went thru Savingsbarn and used your bids as written.

With the $95 bid for Mayfair, I got a reply that it was rejected but they found a offer for $184 for me.

I exited and then did the "add bloomsbury for $100" and got a reject.

Thanks for your guidance. Maybe we're getting closer.

Thanks for trying thru the SavingsBarn.com links.

Select 4* Bloomsbury...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Mayfair...

Bid $110, if rejected add Bloomsbury...

Bid $115.

Based upon the counter-offer this will probably still be too low, but we'll just keep inching up. (you could bid $105 and $110, but based upon the counter-offer i think it's "safe" to jump the extra $5 on the first bid... depends how much of a hurry you feel you're in)

Keep us updated.

With the $110 bid for Mayfair, I got a reply that it was rejected but they found a offer for $184 for me.

I exited and then did the "add bloomsbury for $115" and got a reject there.

Thanks again for your guidance. We're getting closer.

We'll just keeping chipping away...

Select 4* Bloomsbury...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Mayfair...

Bid $120, if rejected add Bloomsbury...

Bid $125.

Based upon the counter-offer i'm guessing it will take closer to your maximum bid, but with time on your side i'd just continue as you'll be up to your maximum bid in just a couple of days.

Keep us updated.

With the $120 bid for Mayfair, I got a reply that it was rejected but they found a offer for $184 for me.

I then did the "add Bloomsbury for $125" and got a reject there.

Thanks again for your guidance. Chipping away.

Another 24 hours later....

Select 4* Bloomsbury...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Mayfair...

Bid $130, if rejected add Bloomsbury...

Bid $135.

I would begin to think about if you're rejected once you get to $150, if you still want that to be your maximum bid or if you'd consider going higher (as you now 'know' that you could at least be successful at $184 (or less)).

With the $130 bid for Mayfair, I got a reply that it was rejected but they found a offer for $184 for me, again (still!).

I then did the "add Bloomsbury for $135" and got a reject there.

Thanks again for your guidance. Still chipping away.

And will reconsider the max as you suggest.

With the $140 bid for Mayfair, I got a reply that it was rejected but they found a offer for $184 for me, again (still!).

I then did the "add Bloomsbury for $145" and got a reject there.

Did notice the 1st-offer matrix screen showed 4* in Bloomsbury at $186. When I clicked on that to "see the hotels", the price changed to $231. I did see a list of the 4-* Bloomsbury hotels but nothing quoted even at $231 (??)/

Keep it rolling...

Select 4* Bloomsbury...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Mayfair...

Bid $150, if rejected add Bloomsbury...

Bid $155.

I'm guessing no success this time... but next time or the time thereafter.

Good luck.

With the $150 bid for Mayfair, I got a reply that it was rejected but they found a offer for $182 for me, again (still!).

I then did the "add Bloomsbury for $155" and got a reject there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]