FL Miami Hyatt Downtown

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

Our one nite stay (Oct. '02) at the Hyatt was great. The location was perfect for us as we arrived at the airport early in the evening and had a cruise the next day. The lobby is very nice and the hotel appeared quite clean. It served its purpose well as we ate at the nearby Bayside market place (took the MetroMover there for 25 cents each way now free). Don't know if there's really much to do in the area so i wouldn't want to stay downtown for more than one nite (unless i was here on business) but i would certainly be happy if i won this hotel again when bidding on priceline. The room had a unique set up to it, but it proved to a good one as the room was versatile.

By the way, we requested and received a king bed, non-smoking, on a high floor overlooking the water (we received the 21st floor).

The Bayside Market Place (an outdoor mall) has lots of restaurants if you're looking for dinner ideas. It is walkable, but not advisable at night as the area it goes thru reportedly isn't that safe. It's less than a $5 taxi ride, or you can take the underutilized Miami MetroMover (a monorail system) for 2 stops, which leaves you a 1 block walk to the Bayside Market Place. The fare for the MetroMover was a whopping 25 cents!!, but apparently now may be free, according to this website which also has a map of the system: Miami MetroMover

Based upon our $27/nite winning bid, this may have been the best hotel for the buck hotel i've ever stayed at (would still be a great value at $50+/nite).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I along with our 2 children stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in August 2002.

I called a few days before our arrival to request 2 double beds and to inform them that we would check in late.

Arrived approx. 11:00 pm and check in went very well. Friends of ours were to check in the following day, so I asked if we could have adjoining rooms or rooms near by. The clerk was kind enough to block an adjoining room for our friends. We order room service and the food was delicious! The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.

Rooms are bright, art-deco, with large bathrooms/dressing area. We were placed on the 9th floor overlooking the Miami River. There's a nice small balcony w/2 chairs and a table on each room. The pool was very nice. This hotel is very close to the Port of Miami and is within walking distance of the Bayside Marketplace and the downtown shopping area. We walked to Bayside several times during our stay. Some parts of the downtown area was a little congested because they were filming the movie 'Bad Boys II' during this time.

This hotel was fantastic! It was one of the nicest we've ever stayed at from Priceline. You won't be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an exception deal/hotel and beats the Hyatt Bellevue/Seattle, WA which goes for $29.

I will have to book a trip to Florida just to enjoy this hotel (flights are normally really cheap too). I also plan to stay a couple nights at the new 4* Rennesaince Plantation In Ft. Lauderdale which goes for $40.

• 11 months later...

I can't say enough good things about the Hyatt Downtown Miami. We stayed there on 12-31-03, 1-18-04, and 1-26-04. I bid thru Priceline and got the room for $45 for New Year's Eve, and $35 for the other two nights. We stayed in room 634. This was a huge, tastefully furnished room with 2 small balconies, overlooking the water. The room had a king sized bed, separate sitting area with a sleeper-sofa, chair, and coffee table, and a walk-in closet equipped with ironing board, iron, and safe. The room also had a coffeemaker. For our New Year's Eve stay, we were also given 2 complimentary breakfast buffet coupons (not sure why, but it sure was appreciated and quite delicious). I overheard a group of guys, who were in town for a concert, mention that they paid $150 per night for their rooms, so I was quite pleased to have gotten such a great price on Priceline. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• 4 years later...

We stayed two nights at the Hyatt Regency before a cruise. I liked the email link provided by Priceline. I emailed my request for a non-smoking room and received a nice reply confirming it.

The Hyatt Regency still gets 4 stars on Priceline. Our experience is a 4-star bed in a 2-star room. The bathroom area needs work. The faucet handles are very cheap looking. The shower did not have much pressure. I guess they are trying to conserve water, but there are low-flow shower heads that still give a decent shower. The public areas looked very nice. Service was good. There are valet parking, a concierge, and room service--three things we did not need. The pool is a nice size, although the water temperature was a little cool. There is not a hot tub.

The hotel is conveniently attached to the convention center. They probably don't accept many winning bids when there are large conventions going on. There's a shopping district a few blocks away--within walking distance. If you're planning on buying wine for a cruise, however, the liquor store only sells bottles--no boxes. But there is a small Macy's if you forgot to pack a swimsuit and drugstores for last-minute ailments.

We enjoyed taking the Metro Mover to Bayside. There are lots of different places to eat inexpensively there. We ate at two different Cuban restaurants. The first one is on the back side of Bayside. The food was OK. The mojito was great. The second one was called Mambo. My DH's fish was delicious. The Cuban sandwich I ate was not that great. The seafood chowder I had was tasty. We also got tickets for the Miami Heat against the Lakers. The arena is huge--much larger than the one in our town (Raleigh).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]