Priceline Hotel: Resort Las Vegas (Summerlin-Northwest) JW Marriott

Shaqdeeez
By Shaqdeeez,
in

Hello,

I'm trying to stay at the rio in las vegas from monday june 4 to check out tuesday the 12th for some WSOP of poker events. If I read the posts here correctly then the 4-star hotel in Near Strip West from hotwire:

Hotel Details

Check in:

CheckInDate:Mon, Jun 4, 2007

Check out:

CheckOutnDate:Tue, Jun 12, 2007

PricePerRoomPerson:$139

per room

per night

Retail: $185.50

You save: $46.50

Rooms:

noOfNights:8

Nights:

shotelPriceShown:$139.00

Rate per night:

subTotal:$1,112.00

Subtotal:

Tax recovery

taxesAndFees:$100.19

charges and fees:

TotalPriceWithAddOns:$1,212.19

is indeed the rio and would total $1212.19 for the stay.

GIven this info what should I bid on priceline to try and get this same hotel for the same nights ? If i read the posts correctly then a bid for a 4 star hotel in the near strip west on priceline should isolate my bid to the Rio. my concern is that I will only get one crack at this since i'm not going to try to stay anywhere else through priceline or hotwire.

So, what should I bid? is 80 or 100 too low? If it doesn't take then how long do i have to wait to try the same bid again?

Thanks for any help.

Well, after reading more on the site I figured I'd go ahead and give it a try. I made 4 unsuccesful bids. all were at the four star level for the dates 6/4- 6/12:

$86 west of strip : nope

$91 WOS + Airport (LAS) : not quite

$96 WOS + Summerlin : nice try, but no

$100 WOS + Nellis : get lost, sir.

you can rebid in 24 hours. The Rio is available for $184 at Cheap Tickets accessed through the Travel Links to Help Support BetterBidding. You should also read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained which will help you to maximize your rebids. If you listed all of your rebid zones above, then you could have rebid WOS, Airport, Summerlin; WOS, Summerlin, Nellis; WOS, Airport, Summerlin, Nellis.

Also, when bidding on Priceline for an 8 day trip like yours, the bid ammount must be greater than the minimum that the Rio will accept for any of those 8 days. You might be overpaying for a few of those days because one or two may be at a premimum. Is splitting your bid an option?

yes it appears that there are two premium nights (fri and saturday nite) that are way more expensive. It looks like I can get the weekday nights for 90 to 120, but friday and sat nite are like $280 each.

What is bid splitting? would I have to check out and then check back in if I won two bids for consecutive days at the same hotel?

More unsuccesfull bids made on PL through savingsbarn.com, this time for the mon to Fri part of the trip, 6/4 to 6/8, 4 nights with friday checkout. all were 4 star bids.

1) west of strip $60

2) WOS, airport $70

3) WOS, summerlin $76

4) WOS, nellis $80

5) WOS, LAS, nellis $85

All Denied.

I recieved a counter offer of $116 per night on bids 1, 3, 4. This is higher than what I can get through the hotel after a discount for entering the WSOP. Also the last bid is just a shade less than the $89 showing on Hotwire right now so i may go that route.

• 1 year later...

I didn't update this thread becase I messed up the bidding strategy somehow (used the PRICELINE link here(. I got $162 accepted by J.W. Marriott Las Vegas Resort And Spa 6/8 to 6/10. Then I got $148 accepted by J.W. Marriott Las Vegas Resort And Spa 6/10 to 6/12. I think the error I made was not realizing that resorts were listed as higher than 4 star hotels even though the option was presented at the bottom the choice list. I complained to priceline to no avail. So i went ahead and booked the rio from their website for the first couple of days and then suffered though my exile in summerlin.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Yes, it appears the mistake you made was that Resorts fall between the 4* and 5* levels... so you can be upgraded to a Resort propert on your 4 star bid.

If you weren't happy with the results, once you won the first two nites, why did you continue bidding the same approach for the other two nites?

Hope the location for these four nites didn't spoil your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I got stuck with fri sat nite first. I had to stay at rio for wed and thurs as I was in a tourney. I figured that switching to a third hotel for sun and mon would be a big pain. It wasn't as important since i wasn't in a touney those days. Better just to keep to 2 hotels and take my lumps. Be careful with your bidding strategy folks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]