Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Houston (Galleria) Marriott West Loop

Essiar
By Essiar,
in

Hotwire has a 3.5 star for night of July 7 in Houston Galleria area for $69. Shows fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center and internet. Since it doesn't show suites I'm thinking this can be the Marriott West Loop. Can it be at such a low price? The lowest price on Marriott's website for that night is $129 and I understand it's a wonderful hotel, gorgeous, just remodeled. Can this be? What do you think it is?

Thanks!

P.S. It looks like someone else a few posts below got it for $59 so maybe it is the MWL.

AHA! Now I see what you saw. If I plug in staying sat AND sun nights I get $65. I'm only staying Saturday night though. When you plug in arriving the 7th and leaving the 8th you get $69. Thanks for your reply though. I'm going to go ahead and book 3 rooms for that Saturday night. I'll post what happens.

this is strange. When I plug in I only want one room, I get $65. When I start again and say I want 3 rooms for the same night, I get $69. Bizarre! :)

That's what I tried to tell you, but I was in a hurry. Hotwire seems to use "time slots" for displaying hotel rates. This means, you search for hotel rooms now and get a certain rate displayed, but when you run a search one minute later, the rates are different.

Have a great stay at this great hotel. I look forward to it, too.

Dennis

PS: The above applies if you change at least one of the search criteria, e.g. dates, no. of persons, no. of rooms.

It's not a matter of "time slots" but more so they use a variable mark-up in order to increase opacity.

In this particular instance, it is also possible that the lower rate is only available for one room, but when changing to three rooms, the rate goes up in order to average in the more expensive two additional rooms (although for a $4 difference it is more likely do to the change in their mark-up)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]