DC Alexandria Courtyard Pentagon South

vayla
By vayla,
in

This hotel was formerly the Sheraton Pentagon South 3*, purchased by Marriott and remodeled in 2006 as a Courtyard by Marriott. This is one of two Courtyards in the Alexandria - Old Town zone. This hotel is located at 4641 Kenmore Avenue; the other Courtyard ("Courtyard Alexandria") is located at 2700 Eisenhower Avenue (closer to Old Town). This hotel has all the positive features of a Courtyard by Marriott but in a multi-story highrise. It also has a cafe, bar and store in the lobby. Parking in the lot adjacent to the hotel cost us $10. We paid $50 on April 8, 2007. The room was large and perfectly nice, just as we have come to expect from every Courtyard we have stayed in.

When we checked in the rather snooty clerk announced that it was a PRICELINE reservation. This is the first time this has happened to us, but it didn't bother me. I am proud to be getting such great deals on Priceline! I was pretty tired at that point, but wished I had said, "yes, I'm so glad Courtyard by Marriott chooses to participate with Priceline since we just love this hotel." Anyway, we were given room 518, I believe. It overlooked the parking garage and the freeway and there was a constant noise coming from some kind of generator directly below us. This noise did not bother us. A strange feature of the room was that we were unable to close the curtains. They were not made to close. There were sheer curtains that did close, but not the "black-out" curtains.

The hotel offers a free shuttle to the Metro station. Also free wifi. Old Town Alexandria was an easy 5 mile drive with tons of dining options. We went there for dinner and breakfast! The hotel had a big heated pool that seemed quite popular.

Checkout was extremely friendly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]