Priceline Hotel: 3* Vancouver Downtown Sandman

liveforbargains
By liveforbargains,
in

I'm pretty bummed I got this hotel and blame it on my lack of patience. I still had alot of time before I needed the room but I got antsy. I started bidding on a 4* and went all the way to $60 and was rejected. I then dropped to a 3* and started a new bid at $45. I should have stopped when rejected at $50 and waited till the date got closer but...... Anyway, all of the reviews of this hotel are pretty bad and most of the people on TOB paid about $20 less than the $55 bid I won it on.

I do the same thing in Las Vegas, I just don't know when to stop! :)

I have also been bidding for Victoria for one night but with no free re-bids I have gone up to $70 for a 4* and been rejected. That one I have to wait for as I really don't want to bid over $80.

The bright side is that it's only for one nite, and since you used re-bids and were rejected just prior at $50, you know you didn't overbid by any significant amount. Just because others have gotten it cheaper doesn't mean that a lower rate was available for your dates.

Another bright side is that you have saved a lot of money with Priceline... now it's time to reach into $20-$40 of that savings. Go out for an extra nice dinner and splurge for a bottle of wine or something similar that you otherwise wouldn't purchase. Enjoy a leisurely dinner, get back to the hotel late in the evening, go right to bed, and move on to your next destination early the next day.

Thanks for posting.

PS- a new user is looking for help in Victoria, maybe you could offer some useful advice? Here is a link to his PRICELINE VICTORIA thread

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is how I would look at the Sandman (although I just know the lobby and the area, not the rooms). It's probably not as nice as some other Vancouver 3* hotels (like the Sheraton Wall Centre, Crowne Plaza, Coast Plaza, or the Renaissance), but it's certainly as nice or nicer as many 3* hotels that come up in other areas (like say some Doubletree or Holiday Inn hotels) and from what I've seen, the Sandman looks like it's in good shape.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]