Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) InterContinental

hardyrj
By hardyrj,
in

We've got no maximum in mind, obviously we want to get it as cheap as possible. Having a quick browse through previous bidders is appears that most people tend to get 4* in this area for between $100-$130, so that's what we're aiming for I suppose.

We've got no maximum in mind
Sure you do... you wouldn't want to pay more than you could book the same quality hotel thru conventional methods (and perhaps a little less since you don't have the 'luxury' of choosing the hotel and/or location).

What is the best deal you can find at a suitable 4 star hotel in this zone for these dates? (use our BetterChecker to help you find rates at hotels in the area)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Most people on here have tended to get the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza (which is $289) or Intercontinental Century city (which is $270).

These rates are much higher than I expected, and seeing how previous bidders have done I would say we wouldn't like to go over $150.

At the 4* level you have five re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Beverly Hills/West Hollywood

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Beverly Hills/West Hollywood and re-bid zone4

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Beverly Hills/West Hollywood and re-bid zone5

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $130.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

There's a lot of availability for your dates so I think you're just bidding too early. Your dates are almost 3 months away and a 4* or 3* win might not happen until a month or even weeks in advance.

My advice is patience. Probably make a cancellable reservation so you know you'll have something. Then wait and try Priceline again in a few weeks.

HOTWIRE has a 3.5* for $209 that looks like the Hyatt WeHo. I think you can get a better price than that by waiting.

• 1 month later...

OK we took the advice and waited a bit.

We wanted 4* so yesterday bid up to $100 and got rejected. Today we bid in $2 increments and finally got accepted at $106. Price on their official wesbite was $270/night so we're delighted.

Intercontinental Century City 4*

Aug 25th-Aug 27th (2 nights).

Thanks for all the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]