Priceline Hotel: 4* in laguna/dana point

jwh
By jwh,
in

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bid up to $110 yesterday, but got nothing. I have a reservation at the Marriott for $199 (AAA rate - it's no longer being offered that low). I have to decide how high I am willing to bid given the risks (which hotel, we need to sleep 4). Thanks for the information - I will update this thread when I bid again.

Your stay is Weds/Thurs/Fri.

Current Marriott rates are $249/$249/$299. Rates are the same for double occupancy or quad occupancy.

It's possible the $110 you bid is enough for Weds and Thurs night, but not Friday. You could try bidding for Weds/Thurs alone, then use your $199 reservation for Friday night.

The risk in that plan is that you might win some other hotel than the Marriott. If you want to take the chance you should first confirm with Marriott that they'll honor the $199 rate on Friday night if you cancel Weds and Thurs (without mentioning that you plan to bid on Priceline).

Actually, I have only been bidding for the Wed and Thurs nights. I just bid $115 and $120 (using the SavingsBarn link!), no luck still. I'll keep you updated. The last bid ($120) took a long time to process. Is that any indication that I might have been "close" or just a glitch in my connection or their site?

The time it takes to get a response from Priceline has no meaning. Acceptance can be fast or slow, and so can rejection.

Have you confirmed with the hotel that they'll honor your $199 rate for 8/17 if you cancel the other two nights? You shouldn't assume that they will.

If cancelling two nights negates your entire reservation and you have to reserve 8/17 at Marriott's current price of $299 then you really won't be saving much by using Priceline, even if you win 8/15 and 8/16 at $120.

$199 + $199 + $199 = $597

$120 + $120 + $299 = $539 PLUS Priceline fees

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]