CA San Francisco Renaissance Parc 55

kkirklan
By kkirklan,
in

Great hotel. Great location. Never felt like a "Priceline Customer" there. This is a large 4 * hotel very near Union Square and near Market Street. This hotel gets a bad rap because its location borders the Tenderloin, which is the most notorious location for homeless in San Fran, which in my experience has more homeless people in general than other cities. But the hotel is great. Nice, large lounge area with coffee and tea service in the a.m. Request a corner room if available--we were in 1701, which was high and a corner--exceptional!! The bathroom alone was as large as most standard hotel rooms I've stayed in. Easy walking distance to Chinatown, North Beach. The trolley turn-around is just 1 block away, plus the mass transit station is on Market, just across the square from the hotel.

Parking is expensive--$35 per day, but just around the corner on Mason St. (from the front entrance to the hotel it would be the street to the left of Cyril Magnin), there is parking for $20 per day with unlimited in and out. This lot also serves as the overflow lot for the hotel, but they don't tell you that when you check in!

There are daily bar and cafe specials which are posted in a flyer which is delivered to your room along with a newspaper each morning. Some nice deals, considering dining in the city can be expensive.

If you have specific questions feel free ask, I will reply.

• 10 months later...

Stayed here for new Years Eve 04 for one night.

Location for transport is good, being next to the Powell metro line and 1 block from the trolley turn round at Market.

The tourist office is also at the Powell subway. Check in was good, we checked in at 11:30 with no queries or mention of PL. I asked for a room with a view and got a reasonable view.

Room was reasonable with two beds. Bathroom was nice with plenty of stocked items.

There was a mix up with their booking system later in the day which meant they thought the room was empty and a caller was tld we hadn't checked in. I notice on the bill that the check in time was 17:50 !

Asked for a late check out and was given 3pm with no fuss.

Internet is charged, no minibar or coffee maker. Free coffee in the AM on the second floor.

Nice hotel, staff pleasant, location for transport good. It is on the border of the Tenderloin, so watch which streets you're walking down. Had no trouble ourselves, but plenty of crazies around this area.

• 2 years later...

Back from my trip. and just wanted to say that I was treated very well by hotel staff at the Parc 55. Upon arrival at around 12:30pm ( check-in time is listed as 3pm) I was offered immediate check-in and was given a corner king room on the 25th floor. It was the largest room on the floor ( look for rooms ending in 01). Truly spectaculor view from Mt. Tamalpais to the north to the San Mateo bridge in the south! Housekeeping, concierge, and front desk staff were all very friendly and professional. Best part is, my travel companion paid full rack rates off the hotel website and was given a substantially smaller room, so no discrimination based on paying hotwire rates.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]