Priceline Hotel: 3* Monterey (Marina-Seaside) Embassy Suites $73-75

Scorp
By Scorp,
in

Bid for two nights through Savings Barn. One night was $73, the other $75.

I know the Hyatt Monterey usually goes for about $46 or so, but then they charge a $15 resort fee as well, and there are so many negative reviews about the Hyatt! The Embassy Suites includes a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, as well as a manager's reception each evening (with wine) and the suites have a separate living area with refrigerator and microwave. (These can make a big difference when staying in pricey regions.)

The reviews on the Embassy seemed so much more flattering; people liked the location and the newer building. The going rate for these dates was over $200, so this is still a great bargain!

Sorry, I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't explain myself very well, did I??!!

Yes, there are 3 zones in this area, and the Hyatt is the one that many people 'aim' for in Monterey-Pacific Grove. But the Embassy Suites is very close to the border of this zone, anyway, if people wanted that location. But in fact, it is in the zone called Marina-Seaside. They are both considered 3* properties. I guess I was saying that for our purposes, after looking at others' feedback, we thought the Embassy Suites was far better value, even though it cost a bit more up front. (BUT, no 'resort fee'!)

I should add that there are other hotels that come up - other than the Hyatt, there is the Hilton and Marriott, at least, but it seems odds are stacked for the Hyatt. Check TripAdvisor for a LOT of negative reviews of the Hyatt.

Also, I seem to recall that Seaside is quite a nice little town, entirely on its own. I did not know for sure that Embassy Suites would be the winning bid, but I had a pretty strong suspicion.

I also tried 4* and Resort categories in these two zones up to $80, but they were rejected. I thought they would be, but tried it anyway, just to see. You never know with mid-week dates during the transition season, but I think March is the cutoff for cheaper rates with many of these properties. Once you get into April, the nice hotels can fill up quickly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]