airfare to DCA

momMN
By momMN,
in

:) Sorry for my in-experience. I am a single mom trying to take my 2 teenagers to DC, August 4-11th. I was able to get hotel in Arlington for $65.00 a night but am struggling for airfare. Everyday different rates. I'm not sure about bidding on PL or HW. Any help?

That's airfare... prices all over the map.

I assume you're traveling from Minnesota? What is the best price you have seen thus far? How much would you need to save to make an opaque purchase worthwhile (keeping in mind you loose your ability to select flight times, connection times, the ability to choose a non-stop flight, etc)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The best fare I saw was last friday at $198.00 including taxes from Msp to Dca (I didn't have finances in order to purchase then). If I name my own price could I get stuck with evening departure arriving early am or a long layover? The $198.00 is good compared to the current $265.00. Ideally I want to leave at 10-12 noon and arrive in dc before 7pm. Departing from dc is not as big a deal.

Thanks

If I name my own price could I get stuck with evening departure arriving early am or a long layover?
Yes, i think the 'rules' are still that your flight could depart anywhere between 6am and 10pm (arriving no later than 12:30am the following morning) and a layover up to 3 hours.
Ideally I want to leave at 10-12 noon and arrive in dc before 7pm
This is something you give up when bidding for airfare.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]