Priceline Hotel: Trying to get into the Hyatt this weekend 4/28 HELP!

crafton
By crafton,
in

:) My husband and I are having our wedding anniversary this weekend. He has to visit an office in Jersey City for work so we thought the best option was to stay upo there and the Hyatt on the Hudson is the only nice hotel in the area. I have never used Priceline before but got on over last weekend and tried ot get a room cheaply with them at the Hyatt and had no luck. I figured the closer we got, the better chance I would get a good deal -- NOT SO! Now, apparently every room there is booked---they are no longer an option on Priceline either. They aren't showing ANY hotels in the Jersey City area much less 3or 4*. What, if any, are my options now?? I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on some hotel in the city---i want to stay at the Hyatt. My husband called and they told him to call as we get closer as they may have cancellations.....Ideas????

Welcome to Betterbidding.

As you say the Hyatt (from their web-site) is fully booked.

There are no obvious options available on HOTWIRE (no surprise).

-

they are no longer an option on Priceline either.

You obviously mean the "Shop and Compare part of PL, which is totally different to the "Name your own Price section"

If the hotel has no rooms left to fill then there's not a lot you can do apart from hope they have cancellations and contact you.

HOTWIRE is showing a 3* $102 in Secaucus - Meadowlands with Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Interent, Business, Golf, Laundry

but I don't think it has been identified as yet unless it's the previously reported 3.5* Sheraton.

Man I really blew it---I thought if I waited it would come down in price. Looking at some of the deals some have gotten I guess I got carried away. Anyway, I think the the other option isn't going to give us the ease of travel to NYC like the Hyatt would have with it being so close to the path train is it??

The Jersey City Marriott Courtyard and Doubletree hotels are both sold out, Cheap Tickets has the Candlewood Suites in Jersey City for $139....close to Manhattan? YES! Romantic? NO! Free Parking? YES! Please use the Links to Support BetterBidding if you proceed, and don't forget the Barry White CD.....

I also agree with blindman that the 3* available from HOTWIRE is the Sheraton Meadowlands. This is a pretty nice hotel with a great view of Giants Stadium, and they have room service.... :)

:) Okay, couple dumb questions here---where do I find a cheap tickets link? Also, is anyone but me having a horrible time since yesterday getting onto Hotwire?? Every time I get my search results and go to click on something, the whole things closes me out! It[s really annoying and weird!

Is there any chance that rooms could open up in those jersey city hotels?? I am wondering how long to wait???

Thank you all so much!

if you stay at the Sheraton, you can take NJ Transit into Manhattan, just park your car at the NJ Transit Park and Ride in North Bergen http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0320.pdf the fare is $7.50 for parking and one round trip ticket. The Candlewood is sold out, but maybe you could call the hotel directly. You should think about making a cancellable backup reservation somewhere while you continue bidding or as you consider HOTWIRE.

Again, I don't know what the problem is, but I CANNOT get into Hotwire without it closing out on me. I have tried deleting my cookies and going back in but it's not working. I haven't been able to get in since yesterday afternoon.

Which Sheraton is it? I am going to have to either do that or convince my husband to stay IN nyc which will cost us plenty. Even then, I still have to find a room there but with the number of hotels I think I should be able to pull that off. Thank you!

HOTWIRE is showing a 3* $102 in Secaucus - Meadowlands with Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Interent, Business, Golf, Laundry

but I don't think it has been identified as yet unless it's the previously reported 3.5* Sheraton.

there are no guarantees, but this should be the Sheraton Meadowlands.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]