Phaelon56

Weekend on-street parking NYC?

EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
5% OFF

PRICELINE EXPRESS COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: BBMAY19

(3+ stars / 2+ nites... expires 5/31/2019)
in

Announcements

• thereuare

IT'S BACK... get notified when Rates Drop!!   03/19/2018

Our newest development, RateDrop.com will monitor hotel prices for your specific dates and notify you if the Rate Drops!   Monitor hotel prices from both PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE, as well as 'regular' retail hotel rates, based upon the specific criteria you choose.   While the benefits of tracking rates from Priceline and Hotwire are obvious, another use is to purchase a refundable hotel rate using RefundableRates.com and then also set an alert for that specific hotel using RateDrop... if the price drops, simply cancel and re-book at the new lower rate.   Uses your existing BetterBidding.com account so no additional sign-up is needed.   Get started tracking hotel rates now at RateDrop.com

I'm in NYC this weekend - March 5 to 7. Staying at The UN Plaza Millenium about four blocks east of GCT. I usually park ina garage out between 10th and 11th on 43rd Street when I'm in the city overnight but on a weekend I'm hoping to find on street parking closer to the hotel. What area of midtown east has non-metered parkign? Starting at what cross street heading north and east of what avenue? I know it's a bit of a long shot but due to schedule would already be planning to cab it from the west side garage over. I dont' mind a cab ride down to the 40's if I must go further uptown to search for a space - I just want to start my prowl in the right general area. I expect to hit midtwon at about 7 or 7:30 PM so timing should be good I think.

You won't have a problem, especially after 7 PM Sat. Examples: I parked all weekend in front of the Millennium on 46th St on the corner of Times Square... and on E 52nd around the corner from the Courtyard, both Priceline hotels. Often you will find "Muni Meters" that will print out a parking ticket good for up to 8 hours, you put the ticket in your windshield. Typically the meter hours are 7AM-Midnight and when your 8 hours are up, buy another Muni Meter ticket. Free midnight-7A. Bring quarters.

Just back and it worked out great. I had to meet a friend at GCT for a dinner date at 8 PM and got to MTE area at about 7 PM. There were spaces opening up in the 40's but many had restrictions on Saturday parking and others were reserved for diplomatic plates. I dropped down to my favorite east to west cross street of 31st and headed west until a spot opened up just east of Park Ave South (across from Hotel 31). perfect - $4 w/tip for a quick ride to the hotel, showered and changed and even had time for a shoe shine before my date. No muni-meters on 31st - very easy.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this