Priceline Hotel: Charlevoix list a 3* ??

nick5
By nick5,
in

I have been searching for a some information before bidding in northern Michigan. We would not be going till May so there is some time with bidding as far as pricing goes. Charlevoix list a 3* but when doing searches, I can not figure out what hotel that could be in that area. Petoskey has 2*'s listing but I tend to shy away from 2* in areas I'm not familiar with.

Does any one have some thoughts on what 3* it could be in Charlevoix? I'm willing to be the first person on this board to bid for this area, but would like some help with strategy.

:) Cheryl

I've looked on Hotwire for that area and they have no availability at Charlevoix or Petoskey so no clues there.

On Tripadvisor Petoskey throws up some likely PL 2* -Hampton Inn, Best Western.

Charlevoix as you say is more difficult.

Using the Non opaque side of PL reveals that the only 3* on there is the Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa.

Doesn't mean that this hotel participates in "Name your own price" though.

There are plenty of 2* that show up through this non opaque side of PL which may give you an idea of what may come up.

Best I can do.

Thanks for the input. If it is Mountain Grand Lodge, I'd be happy as it has some nice reviews over at Tripadvisor. My dates just changed a bit, so will not start bidding yet. I'll let Better Bidding know what I end up with (if I end up with something). Who knows as this is unchartered territory. I do know I can stay in Petoskey for 69.00 a night at Apple Tree or Victories but would rather get to stay longer if I can find a 40-50 dollar winning bid.

Cheryl

• 1 month later...

Bid Charlevoix 3* without winning a bid for June 7, 07.

Starting bid 42.00 rejected, I kept upping bid by 2.00 using free rebid areas. Last rejected bid was 50.00. I'm not sure if I'll try again tomorrow night, as there are other areas to stay in near by. I'll let everyone know if I do start rebidding and what the results are.

PS, Priceline suggested 78.00 for that area on a 3* so 50.00 would not seem too low.

Cheryl

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]