Priceline Hotel: Resort Tucson (La Paloma-Ventana Canyon) Loews

SpamCop99
By SpamCop99,
in

A few hours ago I put in six bids starting at $80/night all the way up to $131/night with no success. Granted there are only two resorts listed, but do you think my odds will go up as the dates grow nearer? We live in PHX and just want to get away for Fri & Sat night. We could just as easily go down to Tucson. Thoughts?

Oh, and GO BLUE!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are high for these dates which explains your rejected bids (at amounts higher than we're used to seeing rejected).

As to whether rates will go up or down in the next week, see the related "bid or early or close to check-in" link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Let us know how we can be of further help.

... and GO BLUE! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Won Loew's Ventana Canyon Resort for $112/night. I bid on 4/8 for 4/13-4/14 (two nights). Parking is $9/day. The resort was FANTASTIC and I defy one to get better service anywhere. Equal, perhaps, but not better.

Now here's a tasty rebidding nugget: I'd tried bidding several times in different places without a PL profile and had to play the rebidding game by adding a new vicinity or star-level. However, when I placed a bid at $90 with my logged in profile, it came back and said: "If you raise your bid by $22 you can rebid right now without making any different selections." Sure enough, $112 won it. It was almost as though the system was "telling" you how much to bid in order to be accepted.

And then I thought about it and realized that if your bid doesn't succeed, PL doesn't get paid. So as long as they're not running afoul of their agreements with hotels, this is very cool!

Go Blue!

Welcome to BetterBidding and thanks for your post.

Its not uncommon, you received a counteroffer which can often be undercut by increasing your bid by a few dollars if you have the time and any rebidding zones left. Just open a new browser window and re-access Priceline a start a new bid. If you are unsuccessful with your new bidding attempt and you still have your previous window open that shows the counteroffer, you can take the counteroffer, still a great deal compared to rack rates.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]