Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Downtown) Hilton Garden Inn

hotelfinder
By hotelfinder,
in

Welcome to Better Bidding. At the 4* level, there are many rebid opportunities in Philadelphia, I don't think Priceline offers any 3.5* hotels. You should start at $65 and increase your bids by $5.

BTW, HOTWIRE has a 4* Customer Favorite for $109; this should be the Hyatt at Penns Landing, a great hotel right on the waterfront and a short walk to many of the restaurants in the Old City part of town.

- What does dahammer mean by: "PL offers "many" rebid opportunities in Phila?"

- Max Bid $106? (since the HW deal as described dahammer is at $106)

- NOTE: I already have a [Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center] reserved at $161.10 + 22.55 for 1 night. -- which I will cancel if the HW or PL deal is better.

Today is Wed, I'm bidding for this Friday/Saturday nights. Will I be ok?

Thanks.

What does dahammer mean by: "PL offers "many" rebid opportunities in Phila?"
See Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

If you understand re-bidding (if not, ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding), you have seven re-bid zones when bidding 4* in Philadelphia.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Clarification Edit: $63/N (banner may lead you to believe that it's $63/2N which it's not)

I orginally had a room booked for one night at Hampton Inn Center City for $159/N directly with Hampton Inn.

Then I learned about this website. Learned some strategy -- and went to work 1 day prior to departure.

1st. link to PRICELINE through www.savingsbarn.com... it was painless to me.

2nd. went to Priceline and entered criteria. I immediately chose 3 star because I really didn't want to stay in a posh 4 star.

3rd. Started bid at $63 (could've started lower but really didn't want to waste any time and would've been happy with $75 at the start) -- knowing the strategy helped me decide to start off bidding at a much lower rate than I would've if I hadn't know the strategy.

4th Won the first bid and still got the room cheaper FOR THE TOTAL TWO NIGHTS than the one night at the Hampton Inn. PLUS, the $63 rate was 75% off of the published rate for the same Hilton Garden Inn on Expedia.

I'm Happy

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear it went well and you were able to two nites for less than the price of one at your back-up hotel (and although both are Hilton brands, i'd prefer a Hilton Garden Inn vs. a Hampton Inn so i think you did better in hotel quality as well)

Thank you for sharing your win and for starting your bids with the priceline hotel links at SavingsBarn.com

Enjoy your stay and trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]