CA Yosemite Comfort Inn Mariposa

Willow Branch
By Willow Branch,
in

Hey, we are back from our vacation & thought that I would report on this hotel.......STAY AWAY from it!!

First of all, the woman who checked us is was VERY NICE!! She knew that we wanted & needed 2 beds, but she explained that her hands were tied & there was NOTHING that she could do. If we wanted to pay an extra $17.00, we could get another bed. What was frustrating to me was that while I was standing there, she was quoting people $59.00 per night for a King bed & a sofa bed.....go figure! I told her that we would be THRILLED to have a King bed & this sofa bed, but she kept saying that she hated Priceline becuz they dicated to them what they could & could not do & there just was nothing that she could do--we were stuck with the one bed.

OK, so one night, the kids said they could sleep on the floor. HOWEVER, the room that she gave us (DEFINITELY a Priceline room!!!!!!!!!!!!!) was this room in a House. There were 3 rooms that shared a "sitting room" which was an ugly room with 2 couches--old & unmatched, and 2 chairs--no TV. Our room would be cramped with 2 people!! The bed took the entire room & not much room to walk beside it. The bathroom would be a REAL problem for people who were a tad over-weight--there was a toilet & a shower stall in a room the size of a closet! The sink was situated in the tiny bedroom. The TV was a smaller model & the remote had just up & down arrows--could not select the station with a number.

Well, praise the Lord for little blessings, the toilet did not work. We plunged & plunged & it just would not work. When I went to the front desk & told the nice woman, she said now she could do something for us since we a mal-function. Now, she was able to give us a room with 2 queen beds; guess Priceline would now let her upgrade us becuz we had a problem.

So, we got our room with 2 beds; HOWEVER, this toilet had a problem too. The water ran & ran; so each time it was used, my husband had to turn on the water & then back off again cuz it drove you crazy!

We did not bother to change rooms AGAIN as we were quite settled in by the time we realized this problem, so we just dealt with it!

When I checked out & told the person of the problem, she just said she was sorry & that if I had booked conventionally, she would beable to compensate me, but becuz I had used Priceline, her hands were tied!

So, that is why I say "Run" & don't bid on this hotel!! It is a one-person room in my book!

Oh, do you have a number that I can call Priceline with to complain? I think they need to know, but I can't seem to find a phone number...........THANKS!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]