inexpensive 3-star European suite hotels

iahphx
By iahphx,
in

I came across this new chain by the large Accor group. Weekend rates are a very low 46 Euros, even in Paris. They have a hotel near the Porte de Montreiul -- last Metro stop and about 2 kilometers from city center -- that I'm trying to find some reviews for. I don't think it has any charm, but with kids and a car it might be a reasonable option.

http://www.suite-hotel.com/suitehotel/index.html

Thanks for finding that, WillTravel. It would obviously be better to find a review from somebody who actually stayed there, but if those 2 posters are correct, that part of town is less than desirable safety-wise (I'm personally not keen to stay anywhere safety is an issue, especially with my family).

That said, the price does not appear to be related to the desirability of the location, as all the Accor Suite Hotels seem to have the same weekend deal. They also have 2 other locations in suburban Paris, but neither seems to have as easy access to public transportation.

I tried to confirm that information about safety around the Porte de Montreiul, but had little success. I did look at reviews for the Hotel Armstrong, a nearby reasonably-priced hotel that seems to pop up a lot on Paris hotel searches. While the reviews for that hotel are largely unenthusiastic, there aren't any safety issues raised. Some describe the neighborhood as "dreary," others say it is "an average non-touristical neighborhood." Still another says it's a GOOD location if you're arriving in Paris by car!

That said, especially if you don't have a car, it seems pretty clear that you can find a better located hotel for little or no additional money (especially if you'e only a party of 2). I suspect the facilities are nicer at the Suite Hotel (it's only 3 years old), but it would be a longer Metro ride to where you'd want to visit.

Realistically with small children you probably wouldn't be coming back really late at night - it would probably still be light. If the hotel was close to a metro stop or bus stop and you could quickly get in and out of the area, it might be worth it. One good thing about Suitehotel is that it is air-conditioned (although not an issue for an April visit).

Yeah, I suspect it would be fine. Right now (if I don't stumble upon a good 4-star deal), I'm thinking my best option is to wait for the 21-day advance rates at ratestogo.com. There are lots of 2 star and some 3-star hotels popping up in the 50 to 60 Euro range, with some family rooms available, too. Indeed, I think Paris may have the best hotel deals of any major Western city! Certainly much, much cheaper than NYC or London. And I don't think many Americans know this.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]